Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

Night-Time Vehicle Movements On Clubsites

There are those who drive to the toilet block. ............................... ;)

EEeeeekkkkk. ... I was so embarrassed when my mother joined us on a recent trip. She refused to shower or use the loo on board so DROVE to the amenities!! All 200 yards or so :o

• Like 1

If folk need to use their vehicles between 11pm & 7am that's ok by me, don't see a problem there as I'm sure they'd rather be tucked up in bed. What's more annoying is when folk feel the need to empty the waste hog during this period, not a problem when dragged along full of waste but why not pick it up on the way back to the van, it's noisier than any vehicle.

Yes I can understand if leaving the site early but generally thats not the case.

Also loo cassettes now they have wheels on the gravel and shingle make a almighty noise in the early morning stillness .

A few weeks ago on site i woke as it was getting light about 6 and could here the sounds of people banging around inside a caravan on their floor near us . i lay for a while then heard a engine start and stop after about 2-3 minutes so decided to get up and have a nose . The guy opposite was hitching up and at 7. 00am he pulled off on the dot as the barrier worked after 7 am . Change over on site was at 2pm so he had plenty of time left if he had wished .

I m an early riser so it did not worry me but the noise of emptying things and dragging water containers and lifting legs at 6 would upset some I would of thought as he must of woke all around him.

Dave

Also loo cassettes now they have wheels on the gravel and shingle make a almighty noise in the early morning stillness .

A few weeks ago on site i woke as it was getting light about 6 and could here the sounds of people banging around inside a caravan on their floor near us . i lay for a while then heard a engine start and stop after about 2-3 minutes so decided to get up and have a nose . The guy opposite was hitching up and at 7. 00am he pulled off on the dot as the barrier worked after 7 am . Change over on site was at 2pm so he had plenty of time left if he had wished .

I m an early riser so it did not worry me but the noise of emptying things and dragging water containers and lifting legs at 6 would upset some I would of thought as he must of woke all around him.

Dave

Dave,

These noises were the reason for my original posting . .. except that they happened at 3:20am, not 6 o'clock !

John

Dave

I must admit that when we spend our 2 weeks in North Devon most years, we are up at 6 & try to be away ASAP, as we have a 9 hour journey if we want to make it home in 1 day. Having said that we do try to be as quiet as possible - caravan & tug doors are closed very gently until they just click. Toilet cassette is carried to empty,locker doors are closed very gently & not banged shut.

Jim

Although it's definitely a one off, I have a secret!! The first time we took our caravan away, as we had a long journey home in potentially terrible weather we needed to leave the site as early as possible (ie as soon as the gate opened at 7am) so packed up everything we could the night before, and emptied the loo and the aquaroll and stowed them in the shower, etc, so all we needed to do was creep to the tap and fill the kettle, creep to the loos and then finally hitch up and go. All went well, in almost perfect silence, and then my husband put the caravan keys in his pocket and crouched down to do the steadies at about 6. 40am. .

As he crouched, the fob on the key got squashed in his pocket and set off the caravan alarm!! We had absolutely no idea that the alarm was even activated, or if it wasn't activated that it could have been activated by the fob. Bit of a panic as we weren't sure how to switch it off :unsure: as we'd never used it. It seemed like minutes although it must only have been seconds, and we weren't aware of any major stirrings of our neighbours (most of whom were in tents) as they had plenty of time to peek out at us before we'd wound up the steadies, hitched up and left.

• Like 1

Although it's definitely a one off, I have a secret!! The first time we took our caravan away, as we had a long journey home in potentially terrible weather we needed to leave the site as early as possible (ie as soon as the gate opened at 7am) so packed up everything we could the night before, and emptied the loo and the aquaroll and stowed them in the shower, etc, so all we needed to do was creep to the tap and fill the kettle, creep to the loos and then finally hitch up and go. All went well, in almost perfect silence, and then my husband put the caravan keys in his pocket and crouched down to do the steadies at about 6. 40am. .

As he crouched, the fob on the key got squashed in his pocket and set off the caravan alarm!! We had absolutely no idea that the alarm was even activated, or if it wasn't activated that it could have been activated by the fob. Bit of a panic as we weren't sure how to switch it off :unsure: as we'd never used it. It seemed like minutes although it must only have been seconds, and we weren't aware of any major stirrings of our neighbours (most of whom were in tents) as they had plenty of time to peek out at us before we'd wound up the steadies, hitched up and left.

Love it :D.

I must admit that if I am wearing jeans, I can not have my caravan keys in the pocket. As as soon as I bend in any way the same thing happens to me. I've lost count how often I've set the alarm off & had Phantom call to notify us that it's been activated.

Jim

• Like 1

Yes David, as I said in post #1 I've looked in the rules, but it appears that the CC have studiously avoided declaring their thoughts on the matter in case they annoy someone.

John

Obviously folk can leave anytime from 7am, as we have done many times, the only time we had a complaint was from a neighbour who found it amusing to keep everyone awake until 1am with his loud TV. As described in post 30, do your best to be quiet, it's not that easy but do try.

I note on the link http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/uk-holidays/club-sites/club-site-rules#Noise it says, "Speeds should not exceed a fast walking pace (5mph) and one-way systems should be followed at all times." This is something that the staff on some sites need to be remined of, as I have witnessed both speed and direction rules being blatently ignored by representatives of the C&CC on more than one site.

Gordon.

I note on the link http://www. caravanclub. co. uk/uk-holidays/club-sites/club-site-rules#Noise it says, "Speeds should not exceed a fast walking pace (5mph) and one-way systems should be followed at all times." This is something that the staff on some sites need to be remined of, as I have witnessed both speed and direction rules being blatently ignored by representatives of the C&CC on more than one site.

Gordon.

Getting your CC and your C&CC mixed up there, Gordon . .. but I take your point and it can probably be appied to both clubs.

The one thing both clubs need to do is remove sleeping policeman - this will have 2 benefits - it will slow down the traffic and it will reduce the noise levels, especially of vehicles leaving the site in the middle of the night!

John

(If you're wondering how it will slow down traffic, just pitch your van by the last speed bump on site, and watch the acceleration when they know they've got a hundred yards of smooth road in front of them!)

Getting your CC and your C&CC mixed up there, Gordon . .. but I take your point and it can probably be appied to both clubs.

The one thing both clubs need to do is remove sleeping policeman - this will have 2 benefits - it will slow down the traffic and it will reduce the noise levels, especially of vehicles leaving the site in the middle of the night!

John

(If you're wondering how it will slow down traffic, just pitch your van by the last speed bump on site, and watch the acceleration when they know they've got a hundred yards of smooth road in front of them!)

Watch the acceleration if there isn't any speed bumps to slow them down :o

We watched a young lad racing over the speed bumps on his bike at Rosedale, he was probably knocking up 2 mph as he hit them and every time his helmet fell over his face, but he was very persistent and no doubt by the end of the week he would have been able to do it without the stabilisers.

• Like 1