Nigel Mansell And Fiona Bruce To Open The Motorhome & Caravan Show 2014

Former F1 World Champion, and British motorsport royalty, Nigel Mansell, and renowned TV broadcaster Fiona Bruce, will officially open the Motorhome & Caravan Show on Tuesday 14th October at Birmingham’s NEC.

Famous for his love of racing, Nigel is also a passionate caravanner. Along with guest of The Caravan Club, Fiona Bruce, Nigel will be opening the event and he will be speaking in the Show’s Experts’ Theatre about his career and caravanning experiences – no doubt along with sharing his opinion on Lewis Hamilton’s chances of winning the current Formula One World Championship.

More than 400 exhibitors, including all the major UK and European manufacturers, will be at the Show from 14th – 19th October. Thousands of visitors will attend the event, and millions of pounds worth of sales are expected over the six days.

Nigel is the only driver in history to win both the Formula One and the Indy Car World Series in successive seasons, yet away from these exploits his family has enjoyed caravan holidays for more than 20 years.

Nigel says: “I have enjoyed caravan holidays for decades, and continue to do so. My family and I enjoy the freedom that comes with caravanning, and we’ve regularly visited Wales over the years to get away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.

“It’s amazing to see how far the industry has developed in recent years, there are some great looking vehicles out there that are more technologically advanced than ever. I’m delighted to open the show and will no doubt be browsing the new models myself!”

Visitors can also see journalist and presenter, Fiona Bruce, throughout the opening day, which is also Caravan Club Day, as following her joint Show opening she will be at The Caravan Club’s Lounge (20. 79), hosting a set of forums and interactive sessions.

Well known for her love of the outdoors, The Camping and Caravanning Club President, Julia Bradbury, will be at the Show too, on ‘Friendly Friday’ -­‐ Friday 17th October, on stand (8. 10). The Motorhome & Caravan Show is the UK’s only national event for the motorhome and caravan industry where all the major manufacturers launch their exciting new 2015 models hot off the production line. The Show fills 11 giant halls at the NEC and in 2013 more than 100,000 people from across the UK visited.

This year hundreds of products will be on sale, many at Show only prices, for people to buy and browse, including caravans, motorhomes, campervans, trailer tents and folding caravans, luxury lodges and caravan holiday homes, not to mention thousands of outdoor accessories, gadgets and campsite and destination ideas. The Motorhome & Caravan Show 2014 is on from the 14 – 19 October and tickets are still on sale at special advance prices from just £7*. Booking in advance means beating the queues and saving
money.

On-­‐the-­‐door tickets cost £9 for Seniors (60 years +) and £10 for Adults, with children under 15 years admitted for free. All tickets include parking and a Show Guide (subject to availability).

To book visit www. motorhomeandcaravanshow. co. uk or call 0844 338 7799.

Nigel Mansell - lo res.jpg

Fiona Bruce head shot - lo res.jpg

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Will CT have a stall there this year Ben?

Dave & Annette .

06 Coachman 380/2

Will CT have a stall there this year Ben?

Not this time, though we'll be there in spirit (and possibly as press)! :)

Are you going?

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Ben, I thought you said earlier in the year that CT would be there. Change of plan?

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Not this time, though we'll be there in spirit (and possibly as press)! :)

Are you going?

Hoping to go but had to cancel our planned 2 weeks in Cornwall due to family (MIL) problems

so can`t say for definite, picking our free tickets up though, from Raymond James tonight as they are haveing

a 2015 preview evening for their customers.

Dave & Annette .

06 Coachman 380/2

Ben, I thought you said earlier in the year that CT would be there. Change of plan?

Sadly yes, we'd love to be there but we've been so busy this year we couldn't make the time to do it justice. ..

Hoping to go but had to cancel our planned 2 weeks in Cornwall due to family (MIL) problems

so can`t say for definite, picking our free tickets up though, from Raymond James tonight as they are haveing

a 2015 preview evening for their customers.

Sorry to hear you've had to cancel the holiday, will keep fingers crossed for you that everything turns out OK.

Know of Nigel Mansell, but never heard of Fiona Bruce? I must lead a sheltered life? :D

Obviously don't watch enough Top Gear. ..

http://youtu. be/dJfSS0ZXYdo?t=5m26s

Tim
Developer | Caravan Talk

Know of Nigel Mansell, but never heard of Fiona Bruce? I must lead a sheltered life? :D

Never heard of Fi Bruce???????? She is the Queen of tv presenters. It's the eyes I think.

Unfortunately, she's a bit on the skinny side for me though.

If memory serves me right, I think she is a lay bye lodger (caravanette owner)

And I was going this year to meet up with the CT team too. Was looking forward to the sofa and cake. Mind you upcoming knee OP has put paid to those plans anyway, so will be at home with knee up at that time

Do you mean knees up?? :D

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Never heard of Fi Bruce???????? She is the Queen of tv presenters. It's the eyes I think.

Unfortunately, she's a bit on the skinny side for me though.

If memory serves me right, I think she is a lay bye lodger (caravanette owner)

Just looked her up on Wiki and not really familiar with her although probably seen her on Antiques Roadshow. We hardly ever watch BBC. She seems to be a bit of an antique herself as I was expecting a sexy young presenter. LOL! :D

Keep up to speed lad! Didn't you know that presently, real lads were preferring the more mature burd! A bit more class yet still having the WOW factor.

These young burds on telly nowadays all look the same----think they come from Essex.

The sad fact is that we all get older, and some show it more than others I got quite a shock tonight when I mistakenly hit the channel 4 button and got Hollyoaks which I haven't seen for yonks. There before my eyes was my old heart throb Gemma Merna, gee, looking every day her 30yrs.