50 Years Of Elddis Caravans

Elddis DavidW

Today marks 50 years since Elddis was formed as a Manufacturing Company

May we take this opportunity to thank all our Customers who have owned an Elddis Caravan over these years.

We hope you have very fond memories of using your Elddis Caravan.

As a Company we continue to strive to improve all aspects of our caravans and are Customer Service.

Again thank you for buying our product and we hope to continue to produce caravans that our customers can be proud off and to enable them to enjoy the freedom of caravans for years to come.

From 22/05/15 no longer working for Elddis

Even in the North East we don't see as many of these as we used to. ...however, well done for 50 years. ..

Met Siddle Cook more than once, nice man. ........and also worked for Constantine family who are behind the company of today. ....

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Congratulations and happy birthday.

I'm on my second Elddis and have nothing but fond memories of the previous one and still loving the current one - although the 2015 Buccaneers have upset the houshold somewhat since we saw them at The Lawns!!

Keep up the excellent work!

Davros

We hope you have very fond memories of using your Elddis Caravan.

Fond memories, indeed, of where we went and what we did while owning (10 years) . . but a worry from within 6 months of purchase till we traded it in because it was breaking apart . . I should have chased up the problems more, but I worn out by dealing with Avondale and Harringtons over the previous van and just couldn't face going through all that again

Sorry

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Fond memories of our Elddis also, well at least for the first 6 months and then it was all downhill from there. Had to spend too much money on it putting right the things that were missed or badly done in production.

Decided to put our money elsewhere for our current van and am very happy with it.

I had fond memories of Elddis with the first 2 Elddis caravans I bought many years ago, which prompted us to buy another one in 2012. BIG MISTAKE! The whole experience was a nightmare due to poor build quality and totally abysmal customer service. We couldn't put up with being treated like second rate citizens by Elddis any longer so we got rid of it in May. Never again will I buy another Elddis caravan.

First of all congratulations on 50 years - I'm on my 3rd because you build caravans that look superb IMHO B)

Having experienced major problems with my 2010 Cyclone (well documented on this forum but now locked) I took delivery of a brand new 2014 Storm end of May and posted a fanfare on here due to the initial euphoria of owning my dream van.

Second time out things started to drop off and break so disappointment is setting in - hopefully once the dealer sorts things I will have the caravan I hoped for and wish Elddis well for the future and hope that quality isn't being sacrificed for profit :unsure:

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Here we go again!!

No wonder manufacturers no longer visit the forum, David comes on with simple thank you information message and the doom and gloomers come out in force.

I accept you have had problems and they must have been stressful at the time but these have been discussed at length many times, isn't it time everyone moved on. This was not the thread for your negative posts.

I know in advance I am going to be slated for this post but I am getting thoroughly fed up with everything being turned into a whinge. For a group of people with a supossed relaxing hobby there are too many who never seem to actually be happy, always looking for a target to blame or an argument to regurgitate.

Happy 50th Elddis and congratulations on your continued success!

Davros

Davros,

Just wait until things go t*ts up with your van 😄

Edited by Iano

Here we go again!!

This was not the thread for your negative posts.

So, we should only praise or keep silent . .

This thread, I think, will be balanced . .

People who have had no problems will support the lauding of Elddis.

People who have had problems will say so .

It will be interesting to view the general opinion

Hi Davros,

Although my comment may be negative, I can see your point of view, and could maybe even agree with it if I had not been through what many others have been through. I am not going to lower myself to slate your comments as you have your opinions, and I have mine.

However, may I take this opportunity to put across another point of view for your consideration, and even maybe David W from Elddis.

If you have yourself a browse around this forum and others on the net, you will see that at some point all manufacturers have come in for some level of criticism. Unfortunately for Elddis, they have had more than the other manufacturers. Now, the criticism that has been given to them has not just been plucked out of thin air, they have earned and deserved it through problems that have arisen with their caravans, and the way that the problems are dealt with. What needs to be done is for Elddis to first of all acknowledge that they have a problem with disgruntled customers, poor quality control, terrible after sales care and then deal with it. This really should be done publicly on a forum such as this so that all of us disgruntled customers, and prospective future customers who are reading about all their shortcomings can see that they are doing something about it. I dare suspect that not one of us who have had untold problems with Elddis want to see the company fail, and I suspect that more than a few of us would be happy to see them producing top quality caravans in the future. All that any of us want is some sort of closure to the whole debacle. Also, if you read through all of the criticising threads on the Elddis page, I would say that most, if not all of them could have been put to bed long ago if Elddis would only just talk to the customers, who in effect pay their wages.

If anyone at Elddis really cares about their customers, or their image, just talk to us. I am more than willing to talk personally to them either face to face, or over the phone, as I suspect many other people in my situation are. Come on David W, let's put all of this criticism to rest once and for all.

Davros, one thing I have to disagree with is your comment that this is not the thread for these comments. I think that it is the perfect thread for it

Kind Regards

Clive.

After 26 years of caravanning and never owning nor indeed ever looking at an Elddiss I decided to to do both this year and have to say that as to the actual van, Affinity 530, it is excellent other than one or two slight niggles. The big point however is the stupid stick that passes for a TV aerial and for which Elddiss should take responsibility for and replace free of charge with directional Staus. My missus says that is she misses any more of her programmes through the lousy reception she won't be caravanning again. Please start next 50 years with a much need gesture of goodwill to those of us stuck with the thing.

CARPE DIEM

While we're talking, envious time is fleeing: pluck the day, put no trust in the future.

Well put so let's see what happens I hope with all my heart that they lift thier heads above the parapit and sort the problems out have the balls to say yes we messed up take the hit and everyone moves on.

End of

No comment. .....Other than I'm so pleased I got rid of that "Lemon"......If I could fly a cargo plane I would have seriously considered dropping it off from a great height of 33,000ft

Edited by PBarton

I would like to comment, but my just over a year old van is back at the dealers getting major repairs done yet again. I would give anything to be able to come on and applaud Elddis for there wonderful product and there fantastic customer service but sadly I have had to use the SOGA route to get things done. So forgive me Davros for not jumping through hoops and applauding DW for his comments, as at this moment in time it's like having salt rubbed in open wounds.

No comment. .....Other than I'm so pleased I got rid of that "Lemon"......If I could fly a cargo plane I would have seriously considered dropping it off from a great height of 33,000ft

I take it you would be in the Durham area Paul?

Joking apart I too wish Elddis would get back to making good vans again as they do have some great ideas and designs, the 1990 Elddis van I had before the Buccaneer was great hence buying another one. ......... big mistake. But having said that it was the way I and others were treated that got every ones back up, having the fault was bad enough without the added stress.

Well congratulations to all at a Elddis, we're new to caravanning (feb 2014 first van new avante 636)

Couldn't be more pleased with it so far. ...quite a few trips here and there and a 2 week trip to France, no problems at all. ...

Apart from driver errors. ...but that's another story. ....

Congrads to David and the team and thanks.

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

We have a 2013 Elddis Affinity 540 and ownership has been one fault after another. In almost 40 years of Caravanning this is by far the worst Van we have purchased. Currently we have 3 warranty claims awaiting resolution via Newport Caravans who are not the original Dealer. The original Dealer in West Wales should be avoided at all cost, you will get no after sales service from them. Newport Caravans have already replaced the rear panel which the original dealer would not even admit was faulty.

The sad thing is we love the Affinity and if it were not for the faults we would keep it for many years. At present we are hoping to get the faults fixed before making a decision whether to change.

I am suprised there is no special edition caravans in the 2015 models to mark the 50 th anniversary

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

?...... David comes on with simple thank you information message. ......

Davros

No he didn't come on with a simple thank you message, he also said "We hope you have very fond memories of using your Elddis Caravan".

There are many on this Forum with anything but 'fond' memories, me included. :angry:

Stay safe ~ Griff    :ph34r:

Wheels at the front ~ Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back ~ 4 of ‘em

I am suprised there is no special edition caravans in the 2015 models to mark the 50 th anniversary

Dave

They made some cracking ones a few years ago. .... I'm also surprised there are no special edition caravans to mark 50th anniversary! Edited by PBarton

they made some cracking ones in 2013 as well 😄.

Bailey Unicorn 3 Barcelona

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 7 seater

they made some cracking ones in 2013 as well .

My 2004 Compass cracked in 2013

They made some cracking ones a few years ago. .... I'm also surprised there are no special edition caravans to mark 50th anniversary!

If I remember they did some Queens Diamond specials ?

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .