Coachman V Lunar

Mick n Debbs

In the last six weeks we have purchased a Lunar Clubman SE and very nice it is too. We did however have our heart set on (and deposit paid) on a Coachman But on reflection we thought it was just too heavy for the car and with a heavy heart plumped for the Clubman.

We have looked at the Lunar as a "poor relation" to the East Yorkshire van but we intend to upgrade in years to come and when a heftier tow car arrives.

It was with surprise I called at Ebor caravans today in York. I stepped from Clubman to Pastiche both 2015 and I honestly thought the Lunar the nicer van internally and externally. It had that wow factor and with the cream door fronts breaking up that sea of Caramac it really looked the business.

HOWEVER, I did notice a number of Lunars, one which I thought had been involved in an accident so badly was the front window twisted. I have heard of this issue but never in my wildest dreams did I imagine it being so bad.

Let's hope this issue is resolved quickly. ...

I have had my windows replaced with the new style under warranty and they are fine now. I preferred the Lunar as well so bought 1.

We were waiting for Coachman to bring out a particular model but were very disappointed and ended up buying Lunar which, in our opinion, is a far more attractive van. Coachmans different size beds, seats, and different coloured drawers didn't suit us, but the deal breaker was the ALDE heating fitted to the Lunar - absolutely fantastic. Having owned a Coachman some years ago we always felt they had the edge with build quality but I don't think that's the case now. There doesn't appear to be much between all the main constructors.

There was a fault with the front windows on ours but had them replaced under warranty with the new design and they're fine.