Bailey Price Rises?

StuBob

I believe Baileys last price increase was in Oct 2013, I've looked on the web and it seems that if there is a price rise coming this year When & How much are a secret - does anyone know if there is any definite news?

"its not the space in your Caravan, it's the space your Caravan is in, that counts"

Not known yet but I did note an interesting comment from Bailey regarding the price of the new Unicorns - basically stated that the price currently quoted was only available for committed early orders thus implying that a price rise was imminent.

However, I guess they'll keep the status quo until the NEC show impact is done and dusted

"Price Guarantee: These prices are guaranteed subject to you ordering your caravan from the earliest production availability and that you take delivery within 14 days of dispatch from the factory"

Edited by maplecottage

I guess that they need to raise some money to pay for all of the caravan returns to the factory. ....

Bailey Unicorn Valencia v1 with MAX Upgrade + POWR HD mover with roller upgrade + ALDE 3010-246 + Al-Ko ATC Display
Seat Ateca 190PS TDI 4WD

Not known yet but I did note an interesting comment from Bailey regarding the price of the new Unicorns - basically stated that the price currently quoted was only available for committed early orders thus implying that a price rise was imminent.

However, I guess they'll keep the status quo until the NEC show impact is done and dusted

"Price Guarantee:

These prices are guaranteed subject to you ordering your caravan from the earliest production availability and that you take delivery within 14 days of dispatch from the factory"

Its a common sales ploy to mention price increases, its true prices rise but so do discounts.

The U2 run out models are probably the best buy, issues should be sorted and available with large discounts, Lowdhams at present have lots of U2 to move.

Discounts are shown on the sticker, that's not including any you might get from further negotiation.

The U3 are all stacked away out of sight!

when I bought my present caravan the price was set with no increase as part of the agreement.

Edited by xtrailman

I think it's usually done as a sales tactic for the NEC show. If you order before or at the show then you get the current price, wait until after the show and you pay the new increased price. I have noticed this happening at the last few NEC shows I have been to and would expect it to happen again this year.

Mark.

Bailey Unicorn 3 Barcelona

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 7 seater

We ordered a new GT65 a few weeks ago.

When we said we were in no real hurry for the van as it looked like we wouldn't get it for this season the dealer said he would get it ordered and delivered now as the prices tended to go up after the NEC show in October.

If we waited until the New Year we may have had to pay more for the same van.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

When we ordered our van I did the deal during the NEC week although directly with the local dealer.

I went in the following week to sort the paper work and he said no can do at that price as Bailey have put the base price up. As I was walking out he came running out saying I could have his ordered demo van for the agrees price.

So in short they do put the prices up after the nec.

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

At the end of the day it is how much it is going to cost to change your van and are you willing to pay that amount. I have had a few vans and now I just tell the sales guy that I don't want the ping pong of negotiation so I ask for a best and final offer straight away - I either do the deal or walk away

At the end of the day it is how much it is going to cost to change your van and are you willing to pay that amount. I have had a few vans and now I just tell the sales guy that I don't want the ping pong of negotiation so I ask for a best and final offer straight away - I either do the deal or walk away

Same here - I'm not interested in how they manage / massage the figures on the paperwork, I always just ask 'how much to change'. If I don't like it, I walk away.