Stinger 310 Alarm Problem

We have got a 2011 Coachman Festival factory fitted with a Stinger 310 alarm.

Most of the time it works ok but when it plays up the alarm sets and disarms but there is no audible beep (awning light comes on as it should)

The caravan is plugged into the mains and the caravan battery is in good condition.

We have reset the unit several times and it works for a while.

Has anyone out there had a similar problem.

Thanks

The only thing i can suggest is to unscrew the cover (a screw goes through the side of the alarm unit) and check if the battery back up switch is turned on)

Can I suggest you post in normal text. Yours is in Comic Sans MS and though I can see it fine on a tablet, some of our members using mobiles cannot see non-standard text. Just a suggestion :)

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Hi WispMan - thanks for caring but Ben has now changed a script on the mobile settings which ignores all non-standard fonts. Bold and italics still work but everything is now in Arial regardless of the poster's selection :)

Edited by Grandpa Steve

Most of the time it works ok but when it plays up the alarm sets and disarms but there is no audible beep (awning light comes on as it should)

The caravan is plugged into the mains and the caravan battery is in good condition.

Thanks

Hi

Sargent web site Alarm information fault finding http://sargentshop. co. uk/epages/eshop328964. sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eshop328964/Categories/Self_Help/Stinger_Alarm_System

Dave

Edited so EVERONE can read it. Suggestion taken :)

Thanks

The only thing i can suggest is to unscrew the cover (a screw goes through the side of the alarm unit) and check if the battery back up switch is turned on)

Thanks for your reply but we have already checked this.

• 2 months later...

When I had an alarm problem with the stinger 310 constantly going off, noting from the entry fob settings that it was the PIR. Had no resolution till I checked the Sargent website and realised that to reboot the system you had to switch off both the main battery and the Sargent backup battery together and then reconnect after a short break, minutes. This reset the alarm and I have not had the re-occurrance in months.