Sites With Nice Facilities

Timanita

Hi Gang,

Does anyone know if there are any sites in the northern region that have, leisure facilities ( pool etc) and a nice bar/ Restraunt and some things for the kids to do. ... We've been the Plassy in wrexham but we want something for the October half term and the Plassy is . ...£51 a night. ...😱😱😱😱

Any ideas . .....

Thanks

Tim

I'M OLD ENOUGH TO KNOW BETTER. ...But I don't. ...😩😩😩

My immediate thought is that this site, and I don't know it, is £51 because it has facilities that you want, if you want cheaper, it will have less facilities, swimming pools are expensive you know.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

Try Holgates at Silverdale - excellent for kids, indoor pool, restaurant etc. But not cheap.

Silverdale is a couple of miles west of Carnforth at J35 of M6.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Or Bay View near Bolton le Sands, also part of the Holgates group.

2015 Swift Challenger 530SE & 2017 VW Tiguan R-line 4Motion 2.0TDI 150BHP

Try Holgates at Silverdale - excellent for kids, indoor pool, restaurant etc. But not cheap.

Silverdale is a couple of miles west of Carnforth at J35 of M6.

Wow that looks great. ..just booked it. .....thanks very much for that tip. ....

Whilst The Plassey is nice with good facilities it's very expensive, expensive restaurant too. We went to a local pub with proper home cooked food and real ales, and they provided a free minibus to collect and return you to the site. I think it was called a The Cross Foxes.

We enquired about going back for a weekend in November for bonfire night, they wanted £106 for a small deluxe pitch, minimum 3 night stay. We went 3yrs ago and the fireworks were nothing spectacular. So we're off to Southport instead to see some proper ones.

Wow that looks great. ..just booked it. .....thanks very much for that tip. ....

You won't go far wrong. We have done each October half term since we got the van.

The kids love it, we relax and the site puts things on for the kids with a disco and inflatables in the pool a couple of days a week. Kendal and Bowness are half an hour away. There are also some great walks from the site and we always enjoy a steak in the silverdale hotel which has wonderful homemade chips!

We stayed at the Plassey early days with the van and would never go back having been to Holgate's, there is just no comparison.

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

• 1 month later...

Wow guys. ...thanks for the heads upon Silverdale,just got back from a 4 night stay, what a fab place. ...

Best we've been to so far. ...

Thanks all

Wow guys. ...thanks for the heads upon Silverdale,just got back from a 4 night stay, what a fab place. ...

Thanks all

Whilst the last thing I would want is facilities :) . ................... the site does have a good rep

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

Thanks all

Just home ourselves after another fab stay.

😃

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!