End Of Line =Poor Quality?

gilberts2003

Have noticed on our pursuit that we have had since may that there is a visable line running along the whole length of the caravan (door side) . It is the height of where the door splits and seems to be where the draught boards are on the inside of the van. It is not dented but is clearly visable and we have had it pointed out to us on site by members of our club.

We took the van into the dealers to have the underbed locker door replaced on friday and I bought it up with the service manager who said it looks like we have copped for a end of line van and its just bailey quality . ........ which im not very impressed with and dont really want to accept (the other half says im being picky) . So do I accept what the dealer has said or could there be a problem with my caravan?

Other peoples comments and thoughts would be appreciated

Beckie

<p> 2009 2. 0 Nissan X- Trail pulling a 2016 Lunar Quaser 544

First of all, how did you pay for it? If by credit card then you can start proceedings to get your money back if you so wish provided you paid a small deposit or part of the money by the card.

NO you do not have to accept this as Bailey quality, even though it might fall short of your expectations.

send us some photos and let the members judge whether you are being picky. I don't think I would want a line around my van as you describe. You are well inside the time limit for bringing this fault to the attention of the dealer, he should sort it out for you, the law is on your side. Be clear as to which way you want to proceed and don't let anyone put you off.#Look forward to seeing how you go on. .........Peter

Peter and Sandy pulling a 2016 Coachman VIP 565 with

2016 Ford Kuga 2. 0. 180 ps. Titanium Nav.

Retired and loving it.

Hi Peter, the van is financed through black horse, cant take any pictures as the vans in storage. We have several other snagging issues eg brakes squealing, the locker door has already been replaced, truma panel keeps giving us fault codes and various other things and im beginning to think there will always be issues especially if it is an end of line van and some how this means the same care was not put into building ours as there was others.

I agree, you can reject it and tell Black Horse why, list all the faults and let them fight it for you.

You will win. ......Peter

Retired and loving it.

If the service manager agrees it's poor quality & he works for the dealer who sold it to you I would say that your over half way to a full refund!

Shame it wasn't that easy. His statement means nothing, unless he's put it down in writing. They'll go down the road of repair but if you want it changed or your money back, pursue it with your finance company and the dealer but not with Bailey at all. :beardy:

Just hold on tight and don't give up ;)

Edited by Gaz40

Bailey usually have them back to replace sides with the defects that are described. If you choose to go down the refund route is there a caravan you like more for the money that you may get back?. There are always lines visible on most caravans where the structural timbers/plastic wood run. Its sometimes more visible in extreme cases.

Edited by Cvan1

Abbey Aventura 318 (2006)

Vauxhall Vectra sri cdti 150 estate

Thanks for all your replies,( the other half still says im being picky), we really dont want to get rid of the van as we really like it, but Im not happy with this line so will have to have a chat with the dealer and see what we can come up with.

In that case why don't you get together a comprehensive list of all the faults and get your dealer to approach Bailey to get them sorted over the winter. ........Peter

Retired and loving it.

Thanks for all your replies,( the other half still says im being picky), we really dont want to get rid of the van as we really like it, but Im not happy with this line so will have to have a chat with the dealer and see what we can come up with.

My Unicorn has some areas where I can see the inner supports, one inside the shower room, another outside on the off side front.

My last old build senator also showed numerous timber lines only visible when looking down the side off the outside.

If you find yours unacceptable the only answer is as mentioned a factory fit new side, or rejection.

I really don't see how a "end of line" caravan has any bearing.

I cant understand how they made such a mess of it. Bailey use pre painted/covered ply for their floors so if it was claimed for correctly in the first place and the joints were well marked out and cut then there should be no reason to re-paint it.

Hi we have had problems with our olympus 2 ( I think that was a Friday built van !) , and black horse have been brilliant sorting them out . If you aren't happy then definately contact them as they are on your side and and they are very helpful .

I cant understand how they made such a mess of it. Bailey use pre painted/covered ply for their floors so if it was claimed for correctly in the first place and the joints were well marked out and cut then there should be no reason to re-paint it.

Sorry was half asleep when posting this should have been on another thread :blush: