8 Seaters?

Woodie106

Afternoon all.

I'm looking at a new car - non tow car - but would potentially need to be an 8 seater.

I've looked at the Land Cruiser Amazon a few times & some of those come with an 8 seat option.

Fuel economy not necessarily a major consideration if the car can accommodate 3 baby seats, 2 booster seats, a 6' prop forward (our 15 year old) & 2 adults.

Baring a mini-bus - is there anything else out there that could fit us lot in.

The children we might now be looking after are 5, 4, 3, 2 & 1 + our 15 year old who's now taller than me & i top out at 6 foot.

:blink::blink:

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Hi Woodie, I was going to suggest the Ssang Yong Turismo but just checked, it's only a 7 seater. (Unless you strap your lad to the roof rails!!)

:o:o

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

Surely your looking at a VW Transporter Shuttle or something of the like? I think in your case it would have to be a minibus

http://www. best8seatercars. com

Edited by Scaramanga

Thinking at the moment is a 7 seat 4x4 for me & a newer megane or similar convertible for Mrs W. If we all go out we'll just take both cars.

We looked at the 8 seaters such as VW Caravelle but Mrs W said she'd just be depressed driving a van round. At present she won't drive my grand voyager if she can possibly avoid doing so.

Land cruisers are still a shed load of cash, so looking at others now. Mrs W likes the discos but your never too sure with a D3 & I'm it sure a D4 is within budget yet. I like the Q7. It's a ways of yet so plenty of time.

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Mercedes Viano not to be confused by the Vaneo or Vito!

Very nice but essentially a very posh van with windows. I test drove one last year, we have six children, but at £48k it was easier to sell one of the kids and send another to university than to take out a mortgage on this piece of mobile real estate.

We only went in to have a look!!!

Ford Tourneo come with the luxuries of a saloon with plenty of room.

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Mercedes Viano not to be confused by the Vaneo or Vito!

Very nice but essentially a very posh van with windows. I test drove one last year, we have six children, but at £48k it was easier to sell one of the kids and send another to university than to take out a mortgage on this piece of mobile real estate.

:lol::lol:

Thats how we feel at times!!

Trouble is that from the outside it still looks like a van!! There's some pictures of a few pimped up vans, but barring one of those, its still the basic van shape Mrs W doesn't like.

Edited by Woodie106

If the 7 seater will do, then I will suggest the Ssang Yong Turismo again. 7 adult sized seats and £20,000 new.

2014 SsangYong Rexton W towing a 2017 Sprite Major 4EB. (After June 9th).

If the 7 seater will do, then I will suggest the Ssang Yong Turismo again. 7 adult sized seats and £20,000 new.

Thanks Townie - Mrs W doesn't like em & to be honest the styling does leave a bit to be desired!! Just my personal opinion of course. i'm sure they are a great vehicle.

I'm just thinking, do I persuade her away from the disco & towards the amazon!!

Thing is, we'll have 3 kids in car seats & 2 on boosters, so what ever we get will have to be wide enough for the 3 seats on the second row. Only thing we've seen that has 3 seats across is the disco 3 or 4. D4's might still be beyond the budget at the moment.

A whole load of research & looking at different layouts is needed.

You could look at the Toyota Previa / Estima some of those are 8 seaters and more like a large MPV rather than a converted minivan

Bailey Pageant Bretagne Series 6 - LR Discovery Td5 Auto

Ive got a Hyundai i800 still van shape but powerful inexpensive to buy and not too bad on fuel,Huge amount of room and headroom as well

Bailey Indiana S. 6 and Hyundai i800 auto

Check which seats in your chosen car can be used for child seats. We have a Discovery 3 which is an excellent 7-seater. However, you are only supposed to use child seats in the front passenger seat and the two outer seats in the second row.

Check which seats in your chosen car can be used for child seats. We have a Discovery 3 which is an excellent 7-seater. However, you are only supposed to use child seats in the front passenger seat and the two outer seats in the second row.

Thanks DACS - that is something we have to look in to.

We will have 3 or 4 in a full car seat & 1 or 2 on a booster. It's going to take a bit of working out :unsure:

Our S-Max is able to take three child seats across the middle row and actually provides isofix points on all three of those seats.

Read the same for a galaxy plus two full size seats in the rear for the galaxy and s-Max although if over 5' 6" in the s-Max the second row of rear seats are less comfortable but ok for shorter journeys.

In saying that our son at 6' 1" preferred being in the very back seats, but that could have something to do with his girlfriend often joining us on trips!!!

We only went in to have a look!!!

Might be cheaper to buy two Dacia sanderos and follow the missus?

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

Might be cheaper to buy two Dacia sanderos and follow the missus?

I like your thinking dreadly - though I was thinking more along the lines of an M5. ........... :D

I like your thinking dreadly - though I was thinking more along the lines of an M5. ........... :D

Now I really like your thinking. .. :D

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi