Sanef Tag

I was only saying to my wife today we haven't received the invoice from Sanef as she was going through the holiday paper work, and then within the hour I had received my invoice by Email for our trip to France (two weeks to Annecy and days out). Wow what a shock at 303. 00 - I have never noticed that it was so much in the past!

But I must say what a brilliant device it is as it saves so much time and hassle.

Andrew.

Ford Mondeo Estate Titaniuim TDCi mk4 (16v 140 BHP) (2008)

Towing Elddis Odyssey 544 (2008) Truma mover S towing at 98%

My web site caravanlife. updated 28/5/2017

E39. 14 is set up cost thereafter monthly invoices. ....But I would query the massive amount you have been invoiced.

https://www. saneftolling. co. uk/support

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Calais To Annecy by autoroute with a caravan means a toll of 80 euros each way. Did your days out include a trip through the Mont Blanc tunnel to Italy and back?

Yes days out are included in the Total, we didn't go through the Mont Blanc tunnel or to Italy this year. As far as I can work out only €54. 70 on days out.

You should be able to download an itemised bill and check it against the toll info available on line.

John. :)

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

You can log into your account at anytime. Tolls usually appear a couple of days or so after use if you wish to keep an eye on how much you are spending.

David

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

Autoroutes. fr give the toll from Calais to Annecy for car with caravan @ €102. 60. So with days out and set-up charge your bill will not be far out. I assume the 303 is € and not £.

John

Thank you all for your replies.

Yes that is €303. 00 not sterling for some reason the euro sign didn't come out!

And no I was not charged for class 3.

I think I have been charged a small amount extra when we accidentally doubled back on are selves!

€303. 00

- 54. 70

248. 30

/2

€124. 15

Approximately £100. 00

Andrew.

Thank you all for your replies.

Yes that is €303. 00 not sterling for some reason the euro sign didn't come out!

And no I was not charged for class 3.

I think I have been charged a small amount extra when we accidentally doubled back on are selves!

€303. 00

- 54. 70

248. 30

/2

€124. 15

Approximately £100. 00

Andrew.

We travelled to Annecy in June and back via the Auverne and Loire. Just had a quick look at our costs and I think it would be similar to yours. It's true when you see the total it makes you think about non toll roads.

Dave

Ours got split over two months so was a bit less scary but added up to about the same. However, I followed one of the toll-free routes recommended by a fellow poster as an experiment while we were abroad. We gave up fairly quickly, with stop-start traffic, sleeping policemen and terrible roads throwing the rig about. It may be we got unlucky, but if you are towing 300+ miles a day the only way you will manage it with an intact caravan at the end of each day is to use Autoroutes.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

Ours got split over two months so was a bit less scary but added up to about the same. However, I followed one of the toll-free routes recommended by a fellow poster as an experiment while we were abroad. We gave up fairly quickly, with stop-start traffic, sleeping policemen and terrible roads throwing the rig about. It may be we got unlucky, but if you are towing 300+ miles a day the only way you will manage it with an intact caravan at the end of each day is to use Autoroutes.

I feel the same about this topic. Yes, the bill can come as a bit of a shock but if you want to get to your destination on good roads with the minimum amount of fuss at a reasonable speed then the autoroutes are the way to go. I've heard folk saying that you don't see 'the real France' driving the a/routes etc etc but really they just don't like paying! I've been visiting la belle France for many years and love it as much as anyone else, but these days I want to get where I'm going. I've learnt to factor in and accept the cost as part of paying for my holiday. I recent years I've been using a SANEF Tag and it has been a real boon in making the Peage process simple and easy. No more having to watch my poor little wife struggling with the ticket machine, trying desperately to reach the ticket or messing about paying at the booth and now we have gates where you don't even have to come to a halt! Now that's progress!

John. :)

Never ask a man if he comes from Yorkshire. If he does, he'll tell you. If he doesn't, why humiliate him?

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies, a bit late on the topic, but I took our caravan to Annecy in August. I've just checked my Sanef invoice: 251 euros, including a few Class 1 tolls to get to Aix les Bains while we were there.

Not sure if that helps.

Dave

That sounds like a lot - we paid around £150 from Ouistreham - Annecy and back by a fairly circuitous route but using autoroutes where we could.

I find the invoices quite useful as it's easier to know how much you spend (more than I thought!) rather than trying to add up the individual amounts. The Sanef tag is great.

Edited by iansoady

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

weve been from Calais to Annecy a couple of times and its been quite expensive, but not that much - this is our 2012 bill - all Class 2 - it was a little bit higher in the 2013 trip

01/09/12 07:46 SANEF A26 CALAIS A26 REIMS (COURCY) 02 31. 60

01/09/12 15:01 SANEF A26 REIMS NORD (ORMES) A26 LIMITE SANEF/APRR 02 15. 40

01/09/12 15:01 APRR A26 LIMITE APRR / SANEF A40 LIMITE APRR / ATMB 02 48. 60

01/09/12 15:01 ATMB A40 LIMITE ATMB / APRR A40 VIRY 02 9. 90

01/09/12 15:24 ADELAC A41N St-Martin Bellevue A A41N LIMITE AREA/ADELAC 02 8. 90

01/09/12 15:24 AREA A41N 18 LIMITE

AREA/ADELAC

A41N 17 ANNECY NORD 02 1. 10

08/09/12 10:25 ADELAC A41N LIMITE AREA/ADELAC A41N St-Martin Bellevue A 02 8. 90

08/09/12 10:25 AREA A41N 17 ANNECY NORD A41N 18 LIMITE AREA/ADELAC 02 1. 10

08/09/12 12:04 ATMB A40 VIRY A40 LIMITE ATMB / APRR 02 9. 90

08/09/12 12:04 APRR A40 LIMITE APRR / ATMB A404 GROISSIAT 02 7. 30

13/09/12 14:34 APRR A391 BERSAILLIN A26 LIMITE APRR / SANEF 02 31. 40

13/09/12 14:34 SANEF A26 LIMITE SANEF/APRR A26 REIMS NORD (ORMES) 02 15. 40

13/09/12 15:27 SANEF A26 REIMS (COURCY) A26 11 ST QUENTIN SUD 02 10. 20

14/09/12 11:55 SANEF A26 10 ST QUENTIN NORD A26 3 ST-OMER 02 15. 10

Subtotal for Tag 214. 80

• 3 months later...

We shalll be going to France this summer and I am interested in the Sanef Tag. I read on the CC site that it is only available if you have a G. V. W. of less than 3500Kg. It is not clear whether this relates separately to the car and van or is their combined weight and even then is it the actual weight of car and van or the maximum figures of car weight and max. towing weight as shown in the car handbook ?

I see quite a few posts on this site from outfits that must have sussed this out. Can you help.

RichardF

It's just the towing vehicle / motorhome gross vehicle weight. I suspect you're thinking about gross train weight.

Your Volvo will be fine as is our Discovery.

Ian.

We got a discount offer for SANEF from Eurotunnel which reduced the initial fee. Took the plunge and bought it. Our unit is over 3,500 (Santa Fe 2,200 and caravan 1,700). No problems, no queries, and it works a dream. Saves the passenger having to do all the work when they can't reach ticket machine or pay slots! Only drawback is getting the bill for all the toll roads at once instead of spread over several days. It makes you realise how much it is costing.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the Sanef tag to anyone.

For sure the amounts soon add up if you are travelling a long distance, but you can follow your charges very easily through your account, and the tag means less need for carrying cash around or entering a card into a machine.

The last use of ours was a trip to Catalonia without the caravan. We had some fun counting the number of cars we could pass in the toll booths using the express lanes.

My wife is more than delighted with the outcome.

John

Autoroute tags (badges in French) can be obtained from any of the autoroute concessionaires except Sanef France.

APRR http://www. aprr. fr are relatively easy to deal with on line. Costs are €10 deposit + €10 joining fee + €1. 50 for each month in which the tag is used + tolls.

Payment by direct debit to a UK debit or credit card.

Sanef UK is more expensive but all is in English.

Edited by beejay

If you join through the CC the €10 joining fee is waived.

Ian.

We are with APRR and they have been great to deal with. Changed car, needed new sticky holder for the new one, arrived next day.

We got one last year through sanef. The convenience far outways the bit extra you pay, especially as Mrs G usually needs waking up to pay the attendant!

You can also shoot through the fast tag lane which raises some eyebrows. ....

Mike

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!