Wheel Clamp

Just come back from a long weekend at Pooley Bridge, I have just purchased a new to us caravan, and it was supplied with a few extras, one being a wheel clamp (carasafe venus).

I duly put this on when we set the caravan up, but when I came to take it off the pins for aligning the key on the lock were not aligned.

I could not put the key into the lock to unlock it, i tried alsorts to unlock it and it just would not unlock.

So eventually i thought i would take the wheel off and let the tyre down to slip the lock off the wheel, luckily this worked or i would still be at the caravan site.

Another thought as well, how did it allow me to lock it and still be able to get the key out ??

Failing this some helpful chaps at the site were going to grind it off for me.

Anyone else had this problem ??

I would suggest that if you can remove it as you did, it is not much use as a security device.

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Well wasnt that a helpful reply ????? not

As it happens it wasnt fully on the wheel, just as well.

Every device can be easily removed with the 'right' equipment. .. Just aswell you were able to and continue .

Don't understand about the pins not lining up. ..at least you now can figure out what happened and please report back your findings. ..its good to share. ..or bin it and start again.

Every device can be easily removed with the 'right' equipment. .

That isn't disputed, but when that right equipment is a socket and a matchstick (In fact you don't need the matchstick . . remove the wheel and replace with another . . that is no kind of security

Trevorrey . . sorry you feel my post wasn't helpful . . what better advice in those circumstances other than 'replace it' do you want?

Roughing it . . but in comfort . .

Well wasnt that a helpful reply ????? not

As it happens it wasnt fully on the wheel, just as well.

TBH it was a helpful reply as it highlighted a security issue.