Just Ordered Compass Rallye 644

IanT599

Well we went out today to see a new 2015 Compass Rallye 644 as the dealer had a event for the 2015 caravans so all the models would be there.

When we arrived we had a coffee and a wander over to the new stock of . .... 2 caravans both Rallye single axles. Nothing else apart from other new brands and used etc so not the big event we thought it was. So didn't get to see the 644 however as the dealer had spec'd there demo with the alternate upholstery we were able to see this and as there is no real changes the 2015 is the same as the 2014 pretty much.

We were really torn between the Compass and the Crusader Storm but it was the interior colour and the Phantom tracker that pushed us to the Compass.

Got a power touch 4wd mover as part of the deal so fairly happy with that. Have been told possible date of late Sept but will be confirmed Monday/Tues. Really looking forward to it and the fact we don't need to make up a bed ever again.

We need to test fit our awning (1050cm) on the new caravan to see if it is out by much or if we can get by with it as we only got it 3-4 weeks ago and haven't used it yet.

Car - Range Rover Autobiography and a Range Rover Vogue
Caravan - 2015 Compass Rallye 644 with Isabella Commodore, Isabella Magnum Coal 250 and Isabella Eclipse
Trailer - Sankey Mk3 Widebody

Wow - that was obviously a spur of the moment decision, given that you've only just bought a new awning. Look forward to hearing about the new van.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Sort of spur of the moment. We've been looking at slightly larger caravan for a few weeks and some had slightly larger awning rails than our present one so would have probably been ok.

We looked at Elddis, Compass and Lunar as we started to get drawn to the transverse bed layout. We never got a chance to see the Coachman VIP but we were really after a twin axle too. The build quality of the cabinetry were really good on all three.

We discounted the Lunar as we didn't get a good feel from the dealer and unfortunately they weren't going to offer a free mover like Elddis and Compass.

We only went to view the caravan as we thought we might look to order at the NEC depending in deals. The dealer gave us a great feeling and gave us a better deal than the Crusader one and then said we could probably have it in a couple of weeks time. We went back to the demo they had for another look and they came out with coffee and plugged it in so we could see it all illuminated and, almost gave us a handover demo of the caravan, showing us the lockers, the gas auto changeover and the solar panel connectors etc.

The extra 10-15 minutes they spent resulted in the wife being really happy with them and we ordered there and then.

From the info/ reviews I can find on the dealer there after sales seem to be really good too. I've caravanned all my child life but this will be our 3rd caravan together. We had a 1992 Elddis Nobility Count as our first van last spring to see if we liked caravanning and we enjoyed it but 2 adults and 4 large dogs in a very small caravan was an issue. We then 6 months later got our Madrid but the buying experience wasn't nice and the van had faults which we identified at the time of purchase but they didn't rectify any (simple things like gas struts on skylight broken, flyblind issues not opening) at time of purchase and we were constantly distracted that we didn't notice. Also after sales were terrible. No CRiS docs, no instructions and no warranty which we were told it has and on the receipts it was marked down as 10 year Bailey warranty. We had 6 months of grief and couldn't use the van as we weren't sure if we were keeping it. Eventually we got it sorted and could enjoy the van but the more we used it the more we started to dislike making the bed at night. Shame as it is a really nice van but I'm sure the next owner will enjoy it.

Looking back at the whole process alarm bells were sort of ringing from the start but in this day and age we never thought these type of dealers still existed where they literally lie to your face. Thankfully the bad experience we had has prepared us and hence we discounted the Lunar dealer as questions we were asking were avoided. The dealer we have now ordered from has been very open and transparent. As it's a new van there is also very little that can really go wrong from the start (famous last words) and I suppose time will tell of the after sales side but I hope to see the dealer as little as possible in a good way.

Caravan - 2015 Compass Rallye 644 with Isabella Commodore, Isabella Magnum Coal 250 and Isabella Eclipse

I have the 2014 storm and the layout is fantastic. End bathroom with transverse island bed every time for us now :)

Losing the fire and fitting the alde is a massive leap forward. Acres of storage too.

We love the van but the only thing marring our enjoyment is numerous defects. Our dealer is sorting them soon so we hope that everything is ok after that as it really is a superb caravan and I expect yours will be too.

Enjoy!

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Spoke to the dealer today. Collecting 4th October. Excited is a massive understatement.

Anything I should look out for on the handover?

I know I need to ask about the inboard tank and outboard operation as I'm unsure how that works at the minute.

• 2 weeks later...

Only 6 days to go to collection.

• 4 months later...

Hello All,

we are just about to take delivery of a 2015 Crusader Storm (9 days & counting!).

We ordered & paid for the retracting bed option, but this now seems to have disapeared from the 'available extras' list on the Elddis website.

Does anyone know if it's still available? It gives a lot more room in the van during the daytime.

Not sure how we stand if when we go to collect it they now say it's not available.

Derek

Hi Derek

I've just downloaded price list off elddis site and it's still there.

https://www. google. co. uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=8-7fVN7BKpPiavzCgegC&url=http://www. elddis. co. uk/documents/Brochures/2015/Elddis-2015-Price-List. pdf&ved=0CB8QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFGiJUBZc8GeDJcNhBK0u86NzGN_Q&sig2=V4CiCa4jyIgKqP3K5OavTw

It wasn't an option on 2014 when we got ours but it's not been a problem.

Well not compared to everything else :lol:

Edited by Muddywheels

A Vanner without a van due to the demands of DIY and SWMBO - 40 years was a good run though :unsure:

Now a Motorhome Learner with a Fiat Toad :o

Hi Derek

I've just downloaded price list off elddis site and it's still there.

https://www. google. co. uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&ei=8-7fVN7BKpPiavzCgegC&url=http://www. elddis. co. uk/documents/Brochures/2015/Elddis-2015-Price-List. pdf&ved=0CB8QFjAA&usg=AFQjCNFGiJUBZc8GeDJcNhBK0u86NzGN_Q&sig2=V4CiCa4jyIgKqP3K5OavTw

It wasn't an option on 2014 when we got ours but it's not been a problem.

Well not compared to everything else :lol:

Thanks .

I missed it. After all the problems I know you've had as well as a lot of others, were just getting the 'last minute' colly wobbles!

Derek

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Guys Rallye 644 is a great spec van and layout is excellent, only problem I've had with mine is rear panel cracked at both top corners, its in getting changed now, please keep eyes on these corners for cracking, Compass and Elddis models.

Enjoy your new van :D

Present outfit: 2015 Compass Rallye 644, Reich AWD Mover and Range Rover Vogue TDV8