Water Pump

Neil Harvey

Hi, I need to replace my water pump as it works when it feels like it pumping water from the barrel I have to fiddle about with when connected where it connects into the caravan sometimes to make it pump water into the taps, really annoying.

Somebody was telling me to make sure I replace it with a pump that has high pressure !!!, I have no idea what he's talking about. I think I have a Trauma one can I replace it with any make or should I keep with the existing make ?.

Also, what do I need to look for when replacing ref water pressure ?

Make and model of caravan would help and is it an on board pump or one that drops into the water barrel ?

Should be posted in the water section, but the mods may move this for you to get a better response.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

From your description you have a Truma Ultraflow with a pistol grip fitting which plugs into the van and a Truma Maxi pump which drops in your aquaroll.

The pistol grip fitting can be problematic and it is difficult at times to get a good connection, but you are stuck with it unless you change the water inlet completely.

Keep the contacts clean and ensure you push the connector fully home so that it locks into place.

The Maxi pump is the more powerful pump of the Truma range.

You might buy a new pump and then find it's the contacts on the van where you plug in that are at fault.

If it is the pistol grip that is at fault, you can buy them separately to fit on to your existing pump.