Approved Damp Repair Any Value Impact?

OrionSJG

I have the displeasure of owning a just over 3 year old Bailey it's 8th water leak has caused damage to the lower plywood layer of the floor in one corner, the repair was to cut out this layer of plywood in the area basically cut a triangle off the corner and replace it.

I'm slightly horrified at the repair but this is apprently what Bailey instruct, it's done now so I'm stuck but does anybody think this repair will impact on resale values ?

The repair should be invisible if done to factory spec. Providing this is the case your value should be maintained. If the repair looks shoddy then it may have some impact when trying to sell it on. Pretty much all manufacturers are still battling water ingress at the moment so providing service history is upto date then your warranty should take care of any major work with no detriment to the caravan or its value

Abbey Aventura 318 (2006)

Vauxhall Vectra sri cdti 150 estate

It's no invisible, at all, there is a clear line in the underside of the floor where the wood was cut and it gas been painted with a different black than the rest of the floor. . Any suggestions on my course of action ?

It's worth more with the damp repaired than without it done!

Eight water leaks in three years is rather bad. That must have been a real hassle to you!

However, I doubt many people look under a caravan in that detail when buying.

I am educating the kids never to buy a caravan it's been that bad, grab handles, windows, Alutech awning rail joints, unsealed corners there would have been nothing left of it had I not been constantly checking, I'm done with caravans and want to sell it just this last fix has me bothered, picture attached, I'm looking for advise on going back to the repairer, the cut line could be filled and sanded and I doubt you would see it but then they caked some underseal type black paint over the repair and surrounding plastics so it stands out like a sore thumb. ...

post-61844-0-86217300-1410678783_thumb.jpg

Edited by OrionSJG

You have got a lot more patience then me . I would of had them in court by now for a refund . 8 leaks in 3yrs is ridiculous.

I think I would be seeking legal advice .

Dave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

I cant see what other way it could be repaired, as said worth more repaired. If you can get a buyer.

8 leaks and Bailey told us Alu Tech don't leak.

Lunar Zenith Citroen C5 2. 2 HDI Citroen Picasso 1. 6 HDI. , Vauxhall Vectra Design 150 bhp Soon to be, 2014 Sprite Major 4 sr. With ATC.
The Internet has had no effect on my life whatsoever. com

They could have made more of an effort to hide the joint to be honest. It may be worth getting another approved Bailey agent to give you a second opinion on the repairs. It has to be someone that has done the Alu-tech repair course as someone that's a non approved repairer will have no idea on Bailey's repair techniques and be able to interpret what should have been done. Then I would send the report to your supplying dealer and Bailey to see if a factory repair can be sanctioned and sort the problems once and for all.

Abbey Aventura 318 (2006)

Vauxhall Vectra sri cdti 150 estate

Took the advise back it goes for another go, to be fair the repairer have put their hands up and said it's not good enough, just shame I had to push them, Bailey must engineer the repairs for them as they have looked at it and are sending the repair method and parts next week. . Well so I'm told anyway.

Thanks for your input, much appreciated.