Would Like To Introduce A Caravan Company We Discovered In Germany ! Carado

team_kona

Hi, back fresh from Dusseldorf and as you will have seen in my other post a bit lighter in the pocket, while we're were there looking at entry level vans we came across a company that I personally think is lacking in the UK market,

Ok guys and gals, imagine just for a moment your not nearing retirement and have paid the mortgage off nearly and have £17000 to spend on a new van every two years (joke) or don't want to take out black horse finance on your new van you will use two times a year. . (£5k a holiday)....

Well how about the thought of buying a basic caravan that's a big step up from a tent and providers the basics you need to live and enjoy a holiday for £7500 NEW ! Yes NEW, We'll it seams that in Europe this is achievable !!!

Take a look a CARADO. .. It's a member of the large Hymer group and providers Ryanair style No frills ! We had a good look over there at the C164 L model but decided we couldn't live with the bed arrangement (climbing over each other to get into bed) but the quality and parts used looked no worse (probably better) than a swift sprite or similar. ....

Surely in this world we should only be paying £9000 for a new caravan with all we need to put a holiday smile on our faces, if you use it 4 times a year over 3 years that's only £750 a holiday !!!!

post-66226-0-14827300-1410559901_thumb.jpg

Edited by team_kona

What side is the door on?

Does it have an oven, grill and hobs?

A fridge?

Loo?

Shower?

Fixed bed?

Warranty?

UK dealers?

Stabiliser?

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

What side is the door on?

Does it have an oven, grill and hobs?

A fridge?

Loo?

Shower?

Fixed bed?

Warranty?

UK dealers?

Stabiliser?

Ok, these are the same old things I hear from people about euro caravans, that's not the point about my post ! Read it again. ... It's about the concept of what is paid out for caravans and where there used for. Not a dig. ....

Oh and reply. ...

1) Oven and grill. ..no

2) hobs yes. ...

3) fridge. yes. ...

4) loo yes. ...

5) shower. ....yes for 9k

6) fixed bed. ...yes

7) door on UK side no. ...

8) warranty. Yes . ....yes yes. 4 uk motor home dealers contacted to update warrant with service.

9) stabiliser, yes for £9k. ...

7 yes's our of 9 not bad,

Looks the part and yes think that there is a place in the market for a concept like this. am I bothered by not having an oven? no, I dont think I would be. I have one in my van now and have used it once in 14 or so outings, always use my cadac and cook outside as much as possible

Edited by Chrissyp83

Saab 9-3 2. 2 tid. Abbey Aventura 2001 312

Those questions are relevant. It what is provided affects the cost to both the manufacturer and the user. It also affects how you use it.

Having said that they do seem exceptional value for money.

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

That looks like something that may be of interest to me much as the best advice is to get second hand it would be nice to have new. So say I wanted to explore this further would the best way be a trip to their factory? I suppose transporting to uk would also be a cost

We would always buy on finance for the first 3- 4 years as you can use the finance company as muscle if you have any issues with the caravan and the dealer is a slacker. Worked for us twice with 2 different caravans.

wow thats one ugly thing :o, and hows the quality better than a sprite ? buy whatever you like but good luck when you have to sell it on, how much you think you would get for it . by the way i think 7500 is a lot for that considering it has hardly any fittings or equipment, ;)

Doesn't look that bad for the price does it?!

Considering the poorly built crock that I wondered around at the nec last year if a young family wanted a cheap van I'd have thought it looked pretty good, who needs an oven that desperately when you're spending 7k!

post-55551-0-02620600-1410621259_thumb.jpg

post-55551-0-43283300-1410621269_thumb.jpg

post-55551-0-99541400-1410621276_thumb.jpg

post-55551-0-54493000-1410621287_thumb.jpg

wow thats one ugly thing :o, and hows the quality better than a sprite ? buy whatever you like but good luck when you have to sell it on, how much you think you would get for it . by the way i think 7500 is a lot for that considering it has hardly any fittings or equipment, ;)

Sorry, really don't meant to offend any Sprite owners, I was using it as an example for the budget end of the big three, I could have said Pursuit, Altea or Xplore. Are these really budget caravans at price there sold at ? In my opinion no. But thats just my opinion and I we'll aware we live in a rip off society.

That looks like something that may be of interest to me much as the best advice is to get second hand it would be nice to have new. So say I wanted to explore this further would the best way be a trip to their factory? I suppose transporting to uk would also be a cost

There are four dealers in the UK already importing there motorhomes, if you wanted to take a look at one you may have to get a cheap weekend flight to Germany, France or Holland to take a poke around. The quality really is not poor and I actually quite liked the looks of it, there seams to be a brand called sunlight which offers the same caravan also,

As per extras ! We sat down with a dealer and discovered that you really didn't need much to make it attractive, the 164L even had the largest of underbed storage areas with access both sides, you could fit two biked inside it !

Theres a dealer in the North East who sell their motorhomes.

Our old van did not have an oven, and the grill was kaput, but we managed with an electric multi cooker no problem. In fact, we have only used the oven in our current van twice, as we use the slow cooker.

Looks very good value for the price, even if you have to self drive it home.

Looks very good value for the price, even if you have to self drive it home.

Could be a nice holiday with a bit of planning :D

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

Could be a nice holiday with a bit of planning :D

My thoughts exactly.

Hyundai Santa Fe CRD auto + Burstner Belcanto 525 TL

http://www. oldagetraveller. net/