Poole Docks

Are we right in thinking we can overnight at Poole docks, we have just booked for 29/12/2014 to Cherbourg.

As we have family in Poole is it safe to leave our caravan so can see them?

is it safe to leave our caravan ?

Can't help Martin re overnight parking at Poole. Try a phone call to the Company. Regarding leaving the van unattached - I wouldn't do it. Should you lose it, your insurers might even reject your claim.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

We would leave car attached it's only a short walk to our daughters on the other side of the quay.

It is a while since we used Poole but they wouldn't let us park on Quayside as insufficient room then. ...

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Apparently, you can park in the boarding lanes after the last ferry has gone. Im not sure but that might be about 10pm

We had a look on the website you can park overnight ring Poole direct on a local number 01202440220, there is a charge £5. 00 we will let you know more on Monday when we phone.

It is a while since we used Poole but they wouldn't let us park on Quayside as insufficient room then. ...

Geoff

Being pedantic, there is a difference between Poole Quay and Poole docks. You certainly would find it difficult to park your van on the Quay it's difficult enough to park your car.

Poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Being pedantic, there is a difference between Poole Quay and Poole docks. You certainly would find it difficult to park your van on the Quay it's difficult enough to park your car.

Poolebob

Well you wouldn't expect a shipping man to get it right all the time Bob!!! Docks it was.

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Let me have your address Poolebob we will come park up outside your place as we cannot park outside our daughters on the quay.

Why not book into a local caravan site for the day?

That would certainly be my preference. .. Having lived in Poole for around 15years, I know that part very well and I would not leave a caravan there!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

we came through Poole two weeks ago as we have stopped on the docks overnight a few times, we arrived about 5pm for the next morning ferry, only to find they had put very large containers blocking the entrance, we found the security guard and he told us to park in the road and about ten pm they would remove the blockage and we could then go in and sleep overnight.

The security guard then parked across the entrance and checked who was coming and going, they told us they had had trouble with gypsies.

The security guard then parked across the entrance and checked who was coming and going, they told us they had had trouble with gypsies.

Our beloved summer Visitors :D

Bailey Pageant Bretagne Series 6 - LR Discovery Td5 Auto

Our beloved summer Visitors :D

Indeed :(

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

We regularly park up at Poole Ferry terminal, after 7. 30 at night!

A man knocks on the caravan door at roughly 6. 30 am and tells us to move to the correct lane within the hour! Brilliant service from Brittany ferries!

Paul

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!