Brittany Ferries

We have always used a friends club membership for Brittany Ferries but his membership has lapsed, is anyone willing to let have there membership number?

When booking you can book as a guest of member, which is alright with BF.

No. Its dishonest.

It isn't. Members are allowed to give their membership details to a limited number of friends and relatives. I've used Rob's details these past two years, but when I booked my return crossing a few weeks ago, Brittany Ferries apologized for not applying the discount because Rob had used up his quota.

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

We have always used a friends club membership for Brittany Ferries but his membership has lapsed, is anyone willing to let have there membership number?

PM sent, caps lock gone wild on PM not shouting, honest :)

Thank you everyone we have booked from Poole in December this year for our six month tour.

If anyone wants to use my number you are welcome. Just PM me.

van Bessacar 625 towed by Mercedes M class 3. 2 cdi.

we do 6mths at home (winter) 6mths touring (summer)

Retired & loving it.--------- :D Adventure before Dementia. :P

May we ask where are you going Martin?

Ern

We usually go to Santander & make our though Spain or Portugal, this time we are making our way down to Benidorm then we will slowly make our way to Portugal then back in June.

I wouldn't if it is that important to him he should rejoin.

Les

I must apologise as I misread the OPs post. Yes I would share it if was a member.

Les

Appears that everyone uses mine but I have no control over it. If brittany ferries allowed me to see who uses my code, it would be better. I really don't mind none using it though, I'll shortly be renewing and guess my quota will be reset, I'm not exactly sure what the full quota is. Rest assured though, there is a maximum loyalty I can get, it's not the full quota. I don't mind offering my code. I've saved members thousands of pounds cumulatively. It is technically against the rules to offer to anyone but I now have a huge friends list. ... ;-) . Therefore not technically contravening any rules. I usually have a good natter with those who ask for the code too so they don't feel like strangers to me.

The wider issue is though, is anyone anywhere publicises my code, anyone anywhere can use it. It's a weakness on brittany ferries side I think. They should look to try and make it more secure.

Caravanless. ...

Appears that everyone uses mine but I have no control over it. If brittany ferries allowed me to see who uses my code, it would be better. I really don't mind none using it though, I'll shortly be renewing and guess my quota will be reset, I'm not exactly sure what the full quota is. Rest assured though, there is a maximum loyalty I can get, it's not the full quota. I don't mind offering my code. I've saved members thousands of pounds cumulatively. It is technically against the rules to offer to anyone but I now have a huge friends list. ... ;-) . Therefore not technically contravening any rules. I usually have a good natter with those who ask for the code too so they don't feel like strangers to me.

The wider issue is though, is anyone anywhere publicises my code, anyone anywhere can use it. It's a weakness on brittany ferries side I think. They should look to try and make it more secure.

Only allowed to be used a maximum of 15 times a year, does it really matter who uses it unless you have some particular friends that you wish to make the code available to then it would be wise to be careful who you pass it on to. BF do watch these forums and will suspend the membership if the code is posted on a public forum.

Edited by al42

RobJS. I used yours (with your permission. . :lol: ) back in May when I booked my November crossing. Just recently I needed to book my return for next March and because I wanted to use the prize you awarded, I had to do it by phone. Having used the prize voucher (£100), not for a minute did I think they would also give a member discount, but the operator apologized for not deducting the member's discount as well because "your friend has already used his quota"

Citroen C5-X7 Tourer+Avondale Rialto 480/2
https://jondogoescaravanning.com

Interestingly, I recently booked some sites in Spain with CCC and they are charging £75 booking fee, which will be refunded when I get round to booking a ferry.

They say that it is the BF friends discount that is loosing them money (ie less people booking through CCC) and rather than increase site fees for everyone they have introduced the supplement for people not booking a ferry with them.

Tom

Only allowed to be used a maximum of 15 times a year, does it really matter who uses it unless you have some particular friends that you wish to make the code available to then it would be wise to be careful who you pass it on to. BF do watch these forums and will suspend the membership if the code is posted on a public forum.

i agree, thing is there re three winners to every booking with BF. I would however like to see who has used mine out of curiosity more than anything. Just like Scaramanga. ....... :-)

Caravanless. ...

i agree, thing is there re three winners to every booking with BF. I would however like to see who has used mine out of curiosity more than anything. Just like Scaramanga. ....... :-)

So im guessing people on here have used your code AND they have passed the code onto friends and family?

I got an email from Carefree(C&CC Travel service) offering 1/2 price fares on Brittany ferries booked up by 31st Dec.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

I got an email from Carefree(C&CC Travel service) offering 1/2 price fares on Brittany ferries booked up by 31st Dec.

Interesting.

Were there any restrictions on travel dates, port etc. I was going to phone Carefree Monday or Tuesday to book Portsmouth - Santander next March. Still to decide about return.

Tom

So im guessing people on here have used your code AND they have passed the code onto friends and family?

Who knows, I can't find out myself! Either way there are people getting good deals, that's the main thing.

Caravanless. ...

Interesting.

Were there any restrictions on travel dates, port etc. I was going to phone Carefree Monday or Tuesday to book Portsmouth - Santander next March. Still to decide about return.

Tom

Ferry routes Poole/Cherbourg, Cherbourg/Poole, Portsmouth/Caen, Caen/Portsmouth, Portsmouth/Le Havre économie, Plymouth/Roscoff, Roscoff/Plymouth, St Malo/Portsmouth.

If you go to the C&CC Website and follow links to Ferry offers/ Brittany Ferries the dates are there

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Ferry routes Poole/Cherbourg, Cherbourg/Poole, Portsmouth/Caen, Caen/Portsmouth, Portsmouth/Le Havre économie, Plymouth/Roscoff, Roscoff/Plymouth, St Malo/Portsmouth.

If you go to the C&CC Website and follow links to Ferry offers/ Brittany Ferries the dates are there

Thanks for that, I will have a look before phoning. looks like Portsmouth - Santander is not included, but will check.

Tom