Kampa Rally Air Pro Roof Collecting Rain Water.

brilock1

On the second outing with my Kampa Pro Air 260 we had some heavy rain showers, suddenly the front roof dipped and a large amount of water that must of been collecting on the roof cascaded down the front. The roof then sprang back into shape. From then on water was collecting on the roof in puddles. I asked another Air 260 pro owner on site if he had had any problems during the night. He said no and then checked his roof to find a large puddle on it!

so my question is has anyone else had this problem and how did they resolve it pls?

Kampa sell monsoon poles £5 each. Don't know if they work on the inflatable awnings tho. ...

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

We occasionally get water collecting on top of our Air 390.

Edited by CBBC

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

It's either not set properly and the front legs need kicking out a bit or the ground is sloping upwards but away from the van, only solution then is to put a couple of battens in to stop it pooling, I used a couple of stiff bits of cardboard on a very sloped pitch - it's the one downside of inflatable awnings having non adjustable legs. Weighing up the pros and cons I'm still happy as most sites are fairly level and it copes with a downhill slope slightly better

It's either not set properly and the front legs need kicking out a bit or the ground is sloping upwards but away from the van, only solution then is to put a couple of battens in to stop it pooling, I used a couple of stiff bits of cardboard on a very sloped pitch - it's the one downside of inflatable awnings having non adjustable legs. Weighing up the pros and cons I'm still happy as most sites are fairly level and it copes with a downhill slope slightly better

that sounds like a good idea I will see if I can make something up! thanks :goodpost:

You could always lift the van with a pair of leveling wedges, that way the awning will tend to drop away more, when i put our 330 up I put it into the rail, then blow it up, kick it into place & then peg it down, also make sure that the crossbeams are pressed upwards, & don't peg it down too tight where the doors are as that will try to pull the awning down ( done that ) and out of shape.

. .......and then the sink/shower won't drain!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

You could always lift the van with a pair of leveling wedges, that way the awning will tend to drop away more, when i put our 330 up I put it into the rail, then blow it up, kick it into place & then peg it down, also make sure that the crossbeams are pressed upwards, & don't peg it down too tight where the doors are as that will try to pull the awning down ( done that ) and out of shape.

Lifting the van could help, so you don't peg the awning down in the corners before inflating but shape and peg it afterwards then?

I like that idea as I always end up moving the pegs once its up. Crossbeams pressed up?

As long as it isn't too windy I think it's easier to blow it up and then square it up to the right shape and peg it down, as long as you start with the webbing in the right place next to the van the strap will make sure the two outer corners are in the right place, then you can move the two centre beams into line so the front is square and peg it all down.

I always make sure the smaller beams that run front to back between the main support beams are pushed fully up as well, they can tend to drop an inch or so when it has been packed in the bag, just give them a nudge and it helps to make sure the roof is tightened as much as possible.

I have just collected my new Kampa Air Pro 390 from the dealer after having tubes replaced. From day one the horizontal strut over the R/H front window leaked but, by simply isolating it, we had absolutely no problem using the awning. Every now and then opening the valves would flood air back from the rest of the awning. We never needed to pump up after first erecting. That must be a big positive for the kampa design.

On the downside we were very disappointed that the outer main poles would not stand true and vertical no matter if we pulled with the guys or removed the guys completely. The was a pronounced kink inwards at about 5 feel from ground level. I mentioned this when the awning was in for repair and kampa have replaced both outer poles. It remains to be seen if the awning now looks like the advertising videos and photographs that prompted me to buy in the first place! I am looking forward to next use but fingers are firmly crossed!

As for pooling. We had pooling after rain but it certainly was not serious and at no time did I wonder if the awning would collapse. I mentioned the pooling to my dealer and he, in turn, asked the kampa rep. The response from kampa was that some pooling must be expected.

I erect my awning as suggested by sleepyfolk in the previous post. I'm not sure about "the smaller beams that run front to back between the main support beams" should not be the "that run from left to right!" But the tip about pushing them up is worth knowing. I didn't do that so thanks sleepyfolk.

For anyone still struggling with erection I would say after sliding into position on the awning rail always peg down the webbing either side so that it is vertically under the side of your van exactly as suggested above. After that the rest is easy - just make sure the floor pieces are tight and square and the job is as good as done.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

Thank you for some great tips guys, Caravan Talk forum at its best! :)