Sorry to post this as I am sure it has been covered before.

I am a complete dummy at this sort of thing but I am looking for something simple to give me a better signal on my laptop mainly for hubby to watch sky go etc.

Volvo V60 D5, Coachman VIP 2016, Isabella Magnum porch awning, powrtouch mover

Adventure before dementia

<p>

Sorry to post this as I am sure it has been covered before.

I am a complete dummy at this sort of thing but I am looking for something simple to give me a better signal on my laptop mainly for hubby to watch sky go etc.

At home or away in the caravan?

At home or away in the caravan?

When away in van

<p>

Give Adam or Sohie a call at MotorhomeWifi and discuss your requirements with them. At no time will you be under pressure to buy from them. They expect you to be convinced and happy before parting with your cash. http://www. motorhomewifi. com/

2019 Adria Adora Thames

SP1 at the post above has correctly answered your question as though you are looking for a solution to improve wifi already available to you such as free hotspots or the Caravan Clubs own version.

It may be the case that you are looking for 'mifi' which is a device you purchase along with a data sim which will get you the internet in 'most' places and this approach means you are not dependent upon local facilities.

Which is it please or is it both?

Sam :beardy:   RR Sport HSE Dynamic towing Swift Elegance Grande 845

A member of CT, Russel (Kontiki Kid) has been using an Alfa Wifi Enhancer - he might see your post and chip in, or you could PM him for latest view on its use.

http://swift-kontiki. co. uk/motorhome-accessories/awus036h-alfa-long-range-usb-adaptor/

Land Rover - getting restless.

A member of CT, Russel (Kontiki Kid) has been using an Alfa Wifi Enhancer - he might see your post and chip in, or you could PM him for latest view on its use.

http://swift-kontiki. co. uk/motorhome-accessories/awus036h-alfa-long-range-usb-adaptor/

I have the Alfa AWUS036NH which seems to boost a weak signal a little. I rather expected to see a 2 bar indication shoot up to 5 bars but I've never been so fortunate!

Although the device clips to the case of a laptop you can use a longer USB lead to place it in the best possible place for reception.

Basically whilst it works it doesn't work miracles.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

What I am looking for something to increase the strength of site wifi. I have a 3 dongle which works up to a point.

Rob likes to watch Sky sports particularly Huddersfield Giants but I hate to see a big man cry when all he can get is buffering and misses most of the tries. I don't want to pay alot as wifi etc is not a big part of our lives just something to improve what we already have.

Thanks for all your help so far.

I will give Russell a pm as suggested and see if he is feeling better.

Chris

<p>

I use a huawei mifi which most times is good enough to watch i player etc and I have virgin media anywhere which I believe is similar to the sky system and that works ok. you can pick them up on amazon for around £50 and get a 3 mobile broadband card. I have a monthly rolling contract with 3 for £15 which gives me 10gb of broadband per month which can be suspended over the winter and then restarted come the spring for when we are away in the caravan. I am using it at this moment to send this .

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I just bought off e-bay the Alfa AWUS036NH for £8. 48 including post and packing. Not a bad deal If it doesn't work I haven't lost anything.

Thanks for your help Russell

<p>

Hi,

I just bought off e-bay the Alfa AWUS036NH for £8. 48 including post and packing. Not a bad deal If it doesn't work I haven't lost anything.

Thanks for your help Russell

A bargain. I think I paid around £20. As you say for that price any improvement is a bonus!

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

i have the i boost from the company below, not the cheapest bit of kit on the market. but so easy to set up and use

http://www. motorhomewifi. com

Actually, for this particular type of kit, this is the most value on the market at the moment, I have seen almost identical units on the market for up to £800

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630