Discounts

Hinj

Anyone know what discount could be available if buying a new Unicorn for cash with no part exchange?

Ask a Dealer?? You would have something to go on then.

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Most dealers work on between 8 and 10 percent discount off list (usually plus the delivery). I wouldn't have thought many dealers will be falling over themselves to give a large discount on a model that's only just on the forecourt and as far as im aware there are no dealers with stock other than demo vans though, but cant hurt to ask around.

Edited by Cvan1

Abbey Aventura 318 (2006)

Vauxhall Vectra sri cdti 150 estate

• 2 weeks later...

Cash not as powerfull as it used to be as their are good bonuses to be had selling finance these days . you have better chance of getting a discount with no part ex that's a bonus you want to work on. . Also if you haven't already got all the goodies make sure you get a free starter pack thrown in . water waste battery awning etc . happy hunting

Edited by slimseydy

2012 Static Willerby Severn, Sitting in Hidden Valley Welshpool . B)

I intended to try to sell my van privately then buy new with no PX, hence the reason for my post. When checking average prices I could expect to get selling privately I decided the price the dealer offered was good and it was not worth the hassle.

Always best to pay a hefty deposit on a new caravan to keep instalments down. Then if anything goes wrong, you have the backing of the finance company to put pressure on the dealership. You can also negotiate the APR as dealers get good commission on HP deals.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there

Been sitting on the side looking in but thought I'd chip in!

We ordered a Cadiz 3 due next week paid £18995 inc delivery from 5 bells caravan centre Basildon Essex with no PX

TTFN

There is always the danger of the dealers view of "new" and our view of what is meant by "new".

Two year old stock, the dealers, his group or even the makers, can still be passed off as "new" if never previously sold retail.

Generally that would be obvious and seen through but these columns often have stories of people buying a van to find, even some time later at trade in, it was several months old, or an earlier model or even an ex demonstrator.

New to me means only factory fresh.

Edited by JTQ

Hi there

We ordered a Cadiz 3 due next week paid £18995 inc delivery from 5 bells caravan centre Basildon Essex with no PX

TTFN

Hi there

TTFN

Sound like 10% off ??

Edited by jmb1727

Hi there

Yeh that's right,we ordered it at the beginning of August and done the deal at £18995 we looked around but they were the best price and only 20 mins away

And it is factory fresh

TTFN