When You're Filling The Aqua Roll...

EddyP

What do you do with your water pump/suction hose?

We're only on our third caravan trip and I find it interesting seeing what people do with their pump/hose, some disconnect them, some leave them on the floor, some have a little pocket that goes in the bottom awning rail which they drop the pump in.

I just tie a quick knot in mine, keeps it off the van and the floor and stops any dirt getting on it.

Simple, quick and free!

All the pumps we have ever had had a lower groove that the hose went into.

Keeps the whole pump and hose off the ground.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

All the pumps we have ever had had a lower groove that the hose went into.

Keeps the whole pump and hose off the ground.

Ours does too.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Ours does too.

That will be the lip you turn the hose in on itself into lol you I was looking for a particular word. The Groove :)

out of one into the other?

Bit drastic for want of looping it lol

Doh is me, sorry never thought of that, but then I carry a 30m hose to fill mine up haha

This is not a dress rehearsal.

Bit drastic for want of looping it lol

I got away with passing it to my wife and saying "hold this for a mo"... once ;)

I've an internal pump so I've no pump to disconnect but I put the filler pipe into a 2 gallon plastic jerrycan which I use as a "reserve water supply" (always keep it topped up with the "left over/remaining" water from the A/roll to make sure that the OH always has water when I'm filling the A/roll :)

Jim

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)

Its not so easy when you have pushed a piece of 32mm white plastic plumbing pipe over the outside of the Whale pipe to make sure the filter doesn't float and start sucking in air!

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

Its not so easy when you have pushed a piece of 32mm white plastic plumbing pipe over the outside of the Whale pipe to make sure the filter doesn't float and start sucking in air!

Id certainly like more to see you tie it in a knot then like the OP suggests. Gotta flex some muscle then to do that!

out of one into the other?

Indeed :)

When one is empty I swap the pickup into the other one for continuous water. At my convenience I fill the empty roll which already has nothing in it.

Bit drastic for want of looping it

Drastic?

I have 2 Aqua Rolls. ..

As do I

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

The Truma Ultraflow water pump assembly has a blue hook on the pistol grip connector on which to clip the power cable when the pump is removed. The clip can be seen on this photograph in its stowed position. It is diametrically opposite the pistol grip "trigger" and is similar in design.

To use the clip, the pump is removed from the water container and is curved to make a circle with the hose, the clip is raised from stowed position and the power cable is hooked onto the raised clip.

Before I had this type of pump assembly I would remove the whole assembly and place it in a clean washing up bowl whilst the water container was being re-filled.

Edited by DeeTee

Drastic?

Buying another aquaroll I think Peter means? :)

We have the Whale filter with the groove

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

On 11/09/2014 at 22:00, Scaramanga said:

The whale pump has a slot in the housing to hold the tube.

You live and learn. I never knew that. Never had a problem where to put the pipe BUT the solution was staring me in the face.

I have 2 water containers so rarely leave the pump unsupported but have a builder's stainless steel cavity wall tie that hooks into the nearby water heater outlet which holds the pump off the ground.

hawkaye :beardy: