Neater Drain Outlet

Wunny

Fed up with the leaking convoluted waste pipe fittings, with the addition of an equal tee to the bits left over from modifying the waste waste pipes, such that I could fit the KoJack mounting brackets:

http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/topic/98610-took-the-plunge-bought-a-kojack-for-the-orion-not-without-problems/

I put this together:

Cardiff-20140911-00366_zps56d15510.jpg

Not any signs of leakage now! :)

Bailey Orion News & Information - 

Done the same a couple of years ago and never looked back!

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Prob a silly question but what diameter piping is that?

Cheers

28mm push fit. Standard piping on Bailey Caravans.

Available on line from various places, even from Bailey

https://bailey-parts. co. uk/ProductList. aspx?CategoryID=280&SubCatId=280g

or http://www. northerncaravanparts. co. uk/28mm-push-fit-connectors-107-c. asp

I'm a bit wary of joining the 2 outlets together like that without any fall having once experienced a flooded (dirty) shower tray when the waste container got too full. Nowadays, as we don't often use the shower, I just connect the kitchen/bathroom outlet to the waste container.

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

Did the same thing myself with a couple of elbows & a T joint from B&Q (about £4. 50) Used two grey waste pipe offcuts to link to the van outlets & a small piece to go into the wastemaster left as push fit, so that on serviced pitches we can simply fit the longer waste pipe on. I also use a small bungee cord attached to bottom awning skirt rail to hold everything in place if it gets windy.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

I'm a bit wary of joining the 2 outlets together like that without any fall having once experienced a flooded (dirty) shower tray when the waste container got too full. Nowadays, as we don't often use the shower, I just connect the kitchen/bathroom outlet to the waste container.

John M

I've had that exact problem when I'm using a long drain pipe to a serviced pitch, and I ended up extending the connections to the outlets into the piping allowing for a fall before the join.

If I'm using the waste container it's fine to connect as shown, but I tend to have the pipe into the waste to that the water falls into the waste, rather than risk the pipe being under the level.

Steve

Edited by SteveMilner

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

Question for you all then. .......as the water all goes into the same container, why doesn't the manufacturer connect them together and just have one outlet? The extra cost to the manufacturer would be 1 T connector but the saving would be 1 outlet.

I don't know of any manufacturer that connects them together.

. .....and if all you people are fabrication pipe work, why don't you modify the pipes on the van and join them together? Then you only need to carry loose, 1 pipe to going into your waste container

Rich

Edited by mtb_rich

If there was just one outlet, the kitchen water would likely go up the shower drain pipe and flood the shower tray, as the head of water is greater in the kitchen sink.

2020 VW Touareg R line towing 2019 VIP 565 with powertouch mover.

Question for you all then. .......as the water all goes into the same container, why doesn't the manufacturer connect them together and just have one outlet? The extra cost to the manufacturer would be 1 T connector but the saving would be 1 outlet.

I don't know of any manufacturer that connects them together.

. .....and if all you people are fabrication pipe work, why don't you modify the pipes on the van and join them together? Then you only need to carry loose, 1 pipe to going into your waste container

Rich

If all the pipes were connected together before the waste outlet, if the flap was closed and water was run from either of the sinks then, as has been said, the shower tray would back fill.

Connecting the additional combined pipework to the van drainage outlets, the flaps must be open in order to do so and therefore no back fill to the shower can occur, unless the combined pipework becomes blocked in the final outlet run - which is unlikely.