Recommend A Site In The East Neuk Of Fife?

Rael

Looking for recommendations for a site for this weekend - needs to be child & dog friendly and have wifi. Want Basic facilities (electricity and a loo), not bothered for bars, restaurants and entertainment etc.

Looked at a few sites on the web but none seem to meet all the requirements, any suggestions gratefully received.

Don't know about wifi but try Sauchope links in crail . If you get a front row pitch (odd numbers I think) you are just about in the firth

+1 for Sauchope. ...great views and nice site, right on the Fife Coastal Path and you can walk into Crail.

Edited by decho

Have booked Sauchope, off there tomorrow. No pitches on the front row, but that's ok.

Looking forward to it . .. thanks for the info.

For another time . ... Balbirnie Park Caravan Club Site at Markinch . ... perfect!

2018 Swift Elegance 580  towed by a 2018 Volvo XC60 D5 Power Pulse R Design

For another time . ... Balbirnie Park Caravan Club Site at Markinch . ... perfect!

Not so perfect on the child friendly side, Iain. not so much as a play area unless you cross the road.

Have booked Sauchope, off there tomorrow. No pitches on the front row, but that's ok. Looking forward to it . .. thanks for the info.

I'd be interested in a report on the toilet facilities. Last time we were there, a few years granted, we weren't impressed.

2017 BMW 520d GT. 2012 Pegasus Milan

O wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as others see us

It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion.

Not so perfect on the child friendly side, Iain. not so much as a play area unless you cross the road.

Suits me - hate being stuck next to other people's noisy kids, and mine is at the age where play = playstation :-)

I'd be interested in a report on the toilet facilities. Last time we were there, a few years granted, we weren't impressed.

Happy to oblige, as I am easily pleased I will consult SWMBO for the official response once she has inspected the facilities offered

Silverdyke near Anstruther is a relatively new site, haven't been there yet but heard good reports from friends :)

Jeep Grand Cherokee S Limited

2014 Crusader Storm :D

If you get the chance and are not bothered about a fully serviced pitch, go for pitch no 45. It's right at the end of the front row of the grass area and has great views and lots of space on one side.

Silverdyke near Anstruther is a relatively new site, haven't been there yet but heard good reports from friends :)

That looks rather nice - definitely worth a visit. Not cheap, but hardstanding pitches with full services sounds very luxurious!

If you get the chance and are not bothered about a fully serviced pitch, go for pitch no 45. It's right at the end of the front row of the grass area and has great views and lots of space on one side.

The nice lady on the phone took a bit of trouble to find us a good spot, and she gave me the number as may may well arrive after the office closes.

I bet you can't guess which pitch we're on . ...

Edited by Rael

We had our caravan at St Monans for a season right on the coastal path. Nice site, park just across the grassy area outside the site but you can see it from the caravan, dog friendly, basic with toilets, showers, food prep and washing machines but don't think they had wifi when we were there.

Also for seasonal, not sure if it's the same for touring caravans but they charged extra for having an awning :angry:

Nice walks to Elie and Anstruther up and down the coastal paths and bus stop almost on site. Oh and the chinese along the road sells ostrich! It's lovely!

Compass Shadow 1988

That looks rather nice - definitely worth a visit. Not cheap, but hardstanding pitches with full services sounds very luxurious!The nice lady on the phone took a bit of trouble to find us a good spot, and she gave me the number as may may well arrive after the office closes. I bet you can't guess which pitch we're on . ...

Enjoy. ..I wish I hadn't told you now. ..next time we go we will no be able to get our favourite pitch. ...because you'll be on it. LOL

Edited by decho

Hello from pitch 45, Sauchope Links :-)

It's lovely here, although thanks to the mist we've yet to enjoy the view. Nice stroll into Crail this afternoon for a mooch around, BBQ this evening, sorry to be going tomorrow. It's pretty much full here!

Facilities are fine, no complaints from SWMBO so that's pretty good.

Might have a look at Silverdykes on the way home, just for a different scene, but we'd quite happily come back - we love this area.

Great site but not cheap.

Toilets superb and, from memory, under floor heating.

Some levelling required on most pitches.

Great views over to Isle of Mey.

The Haven Pub (5 mins walk) serves good food and beer and is dog friendly.

We prefer The Wee Chippy as opposed to the more famous one.

Chinese carry out in Cellardyke (walking distance) is not bad.

If into sea-fishing the Girl Katherine is a great boat with good skipper.