Anyone Stayed Here ?

http://www. thebuttlescaravanpark. com/

We are looking to have a few days away in the Gower Peninsula and chanced across this site which seems OK and was wondering if any CT members had personal experience of staying there. ..

Cheers,

2004 Land Rover Discovery & 2011 Bailey Pegasus Bologna

Have you tried google maps? I cannot find it from the post code. I tried to find the site entrance from their photo. The area does not look very impressive. In fact I would say it looks a traveller site area. Maybe someone on here knows different? They do not give much away in their page, only one photo, etc.

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Are you aware that the site is 50 miles from the CC site at Gowerton which is on the Gower, albeit at the landward side ?

The nearest town to the Buttles park is Tenby approximately 6 miles from there.

Have you tried google maps? I cannot find it from the post code. I tried to find the site entrance from their photo. The area does not look very impressive. In fact I would say it looks a traveller site area. Maybe someone on here knows different? They do not give much away in their page, only one photo, etc.

From the postcode it is located in New Road Kilgetty north of the A477, which is the Kilgetty bypass. To the east of the postcode, which may encompass the south section of the road, there seems to be a property with caravans parked. I am using wheresthepath which uses a feed from Google Earth.

Thanks for taking the time to respond. ..

We are going to give it a go based on the (supposedly genuine) reviews on UKC. .

If it gives us a bad-vibe, especially in respect of being traveller-Land then we're straight off !!

Will let you know how things go. .

There is a very nice CL called Hillcroft, if you are a CC member, about a mile from the Buttles.

Edited by DeeTee

http://www. thebuttlescaravanpark. com/

We are looking to have a few days away in the Gower Peninsula and chanced across this site which seems OK and was wondering if any CT members had personal experience of staying there. ..

Cheers,

Seems to have good reviews on another forum.

Are you aware that the site is 50 miles from the CC site at Gowerton which is on the Gower, albeit at the landward side ?

The nearest town to the Buttles park is Tenby approximately 6 miles from there.

Well, we arrived late yesterday afternoon to find 4 grazing ponies tied to posts at the side of nearby roads. .. Not a good sign and the worst fears were confirmed when pulling up at the site so a quick about turn and we're now tucked up at the CC Goweron site which to be fair is lovely. ..

Just got to decide what to do/where to visit now. ..

Well, we arrived late yesterday afternoon to find 4 grazing ponies tied to posts at the side of nearby roads. .. Not a good sign and the worst fears were confirmed when pulling up at the site so a quick about turn and we're now tucked up at the CC Goweron site which to be fair is lovely. ..

Just got to decide what to do/where to visit now. ..

I hope you enjoy your stay, though had you wished to visit Tenby and places West such as St David's you would have found the Hillcroft site, also in Kilgetty, quite convenient.

I hope you enjoy your stay, though had you wished to visit Tenby and places West such as St David's you would have found the Hillcroft site, also in Kilgetty, quite convenient.

Tried Hillcroft as well as Woodstock but unfortunately both were fully booked (understandably due to both them being lovely sites as well as it being the Tenby Ironman competition this weekend)