Unicorn Vigo 111

martin01

is any one else annoyed about the new range as I have a new vigo 11 less than a year after

its launch it has hade a manger make over I feel I have been ripped of by bailey caravan.

in fairness both the unicorn 1 and 2 run for 2 model years, a year sooner than most manufactures work on, but as the sales drop on a range is when they see fit to change it.

:welcome: To the Forum.

I think you might be overreacting, this goes on with most things that you buy.

My van I bought new in 2007 (Pageant series 6) then the following year a series 7 came out.

That's just the way it goes I am afraid. ;)

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

As previously mentioned Bailey face lift their range every two years. We bought a new Cadiz 11 in february knowing this, but we still prefer the Mk 11 compared to the Mk 111

Honda CRV 2. 2 CTDi with a Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Yes - just the way things are in the caravan industry. Got my new Swift last March but would have liked the one-piece door on the 2015 model. I also got a Bailey Pageant S6 in 2007 but wasn't too upset by the S7 range as I didn't want or need the extra width. Swings & roundabouts.

John m

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

is any one else annoyed about the new range as I have a new vigo 11 less than a year after

its launch it has hade a manger make over I feel I have been ripped of by bailey caravan.

Don't worry . ... Your far better off with the S2 . .... & In my opinion they have made some big mistakes in design on the S3 . ... So much so I was put off ordering new and went for a pre owned S2.

We bought a Pegasus in January 2011, just after they made some upgrades from the initial spec then, at the Feb NEC they launched the new down-graded Pegasus. Yes, we felt annoyed that we hadn't been told about the changes, but we ended up with the better van in my opinion. You lost so much on the newer model.

Enjoy your Vigo and let the new S3 owners deal with all the niggly teething problems.

Edited by Glen and Les

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

We are happy with our Vigo bought in March. Not thinking of swapping

Same with cars, we bought our Sorento KX2 just as the facelift model came out. Ours was the MD's car(demonstrator) so we got a 3 month old car about £4K cheaper which still has the balance of the 7 year warranty

Bargain!

Hyundai Santa Fe+Bailey Unicorn Cadiz

Mini Cooper convertible -fun Car!:)

Don't worry . ... Your far better off with the S2 . .... & In my opinion they have made some big mistakes in design on the S3 . ... So much so I was put off ordering new and went for a pre owned S2.

Not sure that there's much truth in that statement, just launching a new model will make the outgoing model worth less, and by the sound of it the opinions are that the s3 is better build with the new PDI system in place.

Edited by Nigeldill

Not sure that there's much truth in that statement, just launching a new model will make the outgoing model worth less, and by the sound of it the opinions are that the s3 is better build with the new PDI system in place.

I did say in my opinion . ....

I was disappointed with a lot of the new design additions / alterations.

I was not anyway knocking the build . ... That is something only an owner can comment on . ... Which I am not I bought a pre owned S2 . ...... This choice I made as there was just too many areas in the new S3 I personally and basically could not live with.

Felt a little the same in 2009, bought a new Senator in the May, only for the Pegasus to come out later that year, with the news that it was to replace the Senator, when I saw it I was glad we bought the Senator when we did.

Our U1 was superceded with the U2 about three months after we got it and I'm glad we didn't wait - I just don't like the U2.

I'm not sure about the U3 yet as I haven't seen one in the flesh, I'll reserve judgement until I do. I'm really happy with our U1.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning