Powrtouch Mover Control Box

Brocher12

My fathers mover remote has failed. Twin axle mover and remote, but fitted to a single axle. I believe it is of the AM frequency and the it keeps transmitting all the time. I have seen one on Ebay, but it doesn't say TWIN AXLE on it, does anyone know if this would operate the mover correctly. See attached photo for the control we have. Or does anyone out there have an old one lying around. I have tested it and believe that the electronic ribbon from the front cover to the circuit board has been damaged, so if you have a broken one, even the front cover may do me.

Our original handset

post-57752-0-87464600-1410438523_thumb.jpg

One on ebay

post-57752-0-30516400-1410438602_thumb.jpg

Agreed! ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

I contacted them but they think is something to do with the RF. It was working fine and my father changed the battery but broke the 9v plug. It was disconnected for a couple weeks until i got home to repair it. Have noticed that he squashed the ribbon from the from panel to the board. If i can prove that the control is the problem then i will buy a new remote but at £80 for a refurbed one, i'd rather check it first.

Sorted! Peeled touch pad from remote, then split down thickness to open contact pads and cleaned with brake cleaner. Stuck back together and Boab's yer uncle.

I broke the cable that connected the battery to the remote controls recently.

Got a new PP3 cable off eBay and soldered in and hey presto!

The battery leads look like the thickness of human hair.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Not sure if this was the initial problem with dad changing the battery. Took it to a local electric shop to buy a new battery connector, and the guy soldered it back on, which i had to redo again.

With my (white) remote the battery cover is useless and so the cover comes off leaving the battery hanging. This breaks the wires. The cover is now well taped up.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion