Interior Lights Bailey Senator Arizona

simmo62

Hi

Recently all of a sudden when i switch the iterior lights on they have started flickering. This happens when im on hook up or just on the battery as well. I have changed 2 spot light bulbs that went out but not sure if the flickering started straight away after i did ths.

Has anyone else had this same problem?

Thanks Dean

What is the voltage in your leisure battery when NOT connected to the EHU and when connected to the EHU?

Edited by Brecon

Is it all the lights on different switches or are the flickering ones on the same switch? Could be a faulty switch, which we had in our caravan.

Mike

It is showing 13 volts when connected and same when not

If there is no change then your charger is not working and may be causing the flickering.

Brian

Are the bulbs you replaced LEDs, if so did you buy good quality ones suitable for working on a variable voltage range, it could be they don't like the voltage being supplied, the replacement ones I bought work from 9-30v

Which lights is it, is it your recessed roof spots or the low level under shelf lights?

If there is no change then your charger is not working and may be causing the flickering.

Brian

Bang on. Are you sure there is no change at all with the charger switched on?

Brian

Our onboard charger stopped working recently due to the 'kettle' plug coming out. Here is the thread that I hijacked :

Onboard Charger My contribution starts from post #16.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

ive had a better look this morning and i was wrong it is showing 14 volts when on charge and just over 13 volts when not.

i have also taken the bulbs out that i replaced. But they still flicker. It seems that if just one light is on it is ok but if i switch another light on at same time they start to flicker . Its not a major flickering but enough to be annoying.

Thanks for all the advice

Dean

So. .. charger is working. This is good :)

1. Do the lights flicker with the charger both on and off?

2. Are the flickering lights LEDs?

Tony

yes they do flicker on and off charger but only if more than one light on at a time.

the spot lights are Halogen 12v 10w 30 deg MR11 2 pin

the roof lights are g4 12v 2 pin

also 3 led strip lights

Will take it in for service soon but going to use once more in October just wondered if anyone new of a quick solution

Thanks Dean

Edited by simmo62

My bet is on a dodgy connection somewhere. As soon as the current is raised the connection heats up and makes intermittent contact.

No Jacs its still there just waiting until after october then going to take it in for service and get them to fix it hopefully.

If it gets sorted will post the problem on here

Think its going to be a pain to find

But thats just my luck :unsure:

Hi,

There is days when it flickers, and will flicker all night with the DC voltage needle swings back and forward. And there is other days when there is no flickering and the voltage needle is at a steady 13 volts.

Definitely a faulty connection somewhere. Needs tracking down and sorting before it results in flames.

Definitely a faulty connection somewhere. Needs tracking down and sorting before it results in flames.

Or a faulty charger detecting fully charged and switching to lower voltage, then deciding it needs higher voltage etc. Does it do it with the ehu disconnected?

From the OP it does it off hookup.

Tony

Or a faulty charger detecting fully charged and switching to lower voltage, then deciding it needs higher voltage etc. Does it do it with the ehu disconnected?

• 1 month later...

Well folks all sorted now.

Just got back from week away. First day there hooked the electric up and the post tripped also breaker in van tripped.

In short it was the battery charger that was causing the problem got replacment fitted and yippee all ok

Thanks for all the advice

Dean

Great news. Thanks for coming back to tell us. Forum members like to see a happy outcome and the solution may help others in the future.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

• 3 months later...

I had a similar problem on some domestic downlights it turned out to be bad connections between the bulb and the bulb holder. Whilst they were different bulbs they used the same '2 pin' G4 connection.

Unicorn IV Cartagena 2019my | Mercedes-Benz GLE350d (W166)

Senator Series 6 Indiana Now sold