Bailey Factory Tour 2014

caraman1

Greetings All,

I have just added some of my photos of the Bailey Factory visit by the Bailey Owners Caravan Club, BOCC, to my Site at:

http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/Bailey%20Factory2014. html Dave McCarthy

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

Good photos Dave,thanks.

Did anyone ask why Bailey have decided to stick with a wooden floor and was there any indication whether the front locker door was going to be moved forward to accommodate a porch awning more easily ?

Ian

Good photos Dave,thanks.

Did anyone ask why Bailey have decided to stick with a wooden floor and was there any indication whether the front locker door was going to be moved forward to accommodate a porch awning more easily ?

Ian

We were told after the visit that the locker door would be moved forward to under the window thus clearing the spot for a porch awning. I asked Nick Howard about the wooden floor and he gave a comprehensive answer about materials and bonding etc. they are obviously looking hard at a solution for this and there may be some solution soon. When I quoted the Swift solution he replied at a lot of extra cost.

Discovery 4 HSE 2015, Bailey Unicorn S4 Barcelona 2018.
http://www. mycaravan. org. uk/

We were told after the visit that the locker door would be moved forward to under the window thus clearing the spot for a porch awning. I asked Nick Howard about the wooden floor and he gave a comprehensive answer about materials and bonding etc. they are obviously looking hard at a solution for this and there may be some solution soon. When I quoted the Swift solution he replied at a lot of extra cost.

Thanks Dave.

Ian

Closest I've got to seeing a Madrid yet! Thanks Dave.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Good photos Dave,thanks.

Ian

The motorhomes have an extra grp type covering on the floor, but this is deemed too heavy for caravans, as a result it is still wood, but I am sure there is something in the pipeline as the managers we spoke to were very careful with what they did and did not say, and chose their words carefully.

Good pics dave, not quite the apes with hammers and sealant guns that I had imagined, good to see the pre delivery bay being introduced - the mind boggles as to why there hasn't always been one but top marks for trying to raise their game!

Thank you Dave. .....very informative.

Did they state production time taken from build date to completion?

I only ask because I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of our U3 Valencia.

Finally, did Bailey indicate at what point they intend moving the front locker further forward?

Thanks again.