Cadac Carri Chef

6206greg

Sorry if this has been covered before, but we're still learning, Any experience of these? We have an external gas point, they just look a handy thing.

excellent piece of kit. i think you will find it barby of choice for most caravanner's :D

This topic has been discussed before. If you put the words Cadac Carri Chef into the search box at the top right of this page. Then select the word forums from the drop down list where presently you should see the words "This topic" in the same box. Press enter and you should be presented with a list of topics in which those words appear. These are my suggestions if you are using a PC computer. It may different if you use a Smart phone to access CT forum.

excellent piece of kit. i think you will find it barby of choice for most caravanner's :D

We'd better get one then!

Well, if you like an outdoor gas hob then they will fit the bill perfectly

If you want a barbecue then a Cobb is smaller, lighter and simpler and cheaper to use.

Tony

Mmmm. Neither the Cadac nor the Cobb are what I would tern a BBQ. But each to their own.

Do check the weight of the Cadac.

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg. 

We got one and its fantastic. Very versatile if you buy the optional extras too, eg pizza stone. Hearty recommendation

Thanks for the replies, I was thinking more for cooking breakfast/lunch/brunch, would still take the bbq.

We took the George foreman on our first trip, the skylight was like a large chimney, smoke alarm doing its nut.

Not the way forward.

Buying from a dealer or an on line site you'll play anything from £130-£150. I bought one off Pre-loved for £50 with everything incl Scuttle, reversible griddle and carry bags.

People buy them and then either love 'em or hate' em. My advice try eBay or Preloved and get a bargain.

Volvo XC60 D5 AWD AUTO. Lunar Lexon 570

We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing

2 x darling grandaughters and her

Great cooking systems and particularly good with Paella pan to knock up all sorts of culinary delights including full pan fry ups .

Many love them others don't get it which is fine.

Things like Cobbs are a charcoal alternative and a great piece of gear in a different way but no good for quick meals like the instant heat Cadac

Edited by sunshinetours

Unless you've tried it, you simply won't understand. .....

Are these things updated every year, ie, it seems all stock is getting sold off, ex display,ex demo etc, will there be a 2015 range?

• 2 weeks later...

That's it, bought one today, Yorkshire caravans, Bawtry, (which is very local), have them on eblag for £180, Knocked £18 off for buying in store, don't see many cheaper.

• 1 year later...

I accept that these cadacs are very popular but they are a grill not a BBQ. I use charcoal lumpwood or briquettes and smoking chips in a Weber which turns out amazing food. There is something 'soulless' about a Cadac for me somehow.

Edited by Speleccy

I accept that these cadacs are very popular but they are a grill not a BBQ. I use charcoal lumpwood or briquettes and smoking chips in a Weber which turns out amazing food. There is something 'soulless' about a Cadac for me somehow.

Obviously it saves you having to refill your 'Safefill' then. .......

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Well,....yes, it helps but we don't BBQ every day shipbroker and anyway, at the price of refilling a Safefill cylinder, it's not really a consideration. I just prefer charcoal cooked food and smokey food of the recipe fits.

Well,....yes, it helps but we don't BBQ every day shipbroker and anyway, at the price of refilling a Safefill cylinder, it's not really a consideration. I just prefer charcoal cooked food and smokey food of the recipe fits.

I actually like a traditional BBQ too and did so for nearly 30 years. .however,her indoors insisted that she wouldn't put up with the smoke etc. .. then I burned the 'van down with a gas BBQ. ...

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

Tried Cadac, gas bbq's all shapes and sizes. Now got one of these www. lotusgrilluk. com/.

Best yet. Quick to heat up, 5 mins, stays cool on outside so can be used on table top, and you get real charcoal taste.

I actually like a traditional BBQ too and did so for nearly 30 years. .however,her indoors insisted that she wouldn't put up with the smoke etc. .. then I burned the 'van down with a gas BBQ. ...

geoff

mmm. ... Not great then! Since getting my Weber, the standard kettle type, I have tried and been successful with many dishes even to the point where her indoors has asked me to cook the meal on the BBQ. One of the many surprises was when I roasted a whole chicken by the 'indirect' method. I have never had such beautifully cooked and tender chicken! Stunning and with smoking chips, it's extra special. I bought a pizza stone for it last year together with the new grill grid and wow! Pizzas to die for. The thing I really like about Weber is the sheer amount of very useful accessories you can get for it. Once you've had a Weber, there is no other BBQ in the world! . ...and the last!

Edited by Speleccy