Review: Unicorn S2 Valencia

Maisiedoodle

I love the deep shelf at the front and it's tremendously useful, I like that the the chest of drawers is fully recessed under it and when you're eating on the pull out table the shelf takes all the extras that you would have on the table. I love the big window too, you can see out when you're standing up cooking etc which is nice, and the blinds on that window are designed so that in the morning when you're in your pyjamas you can have the top half only open and people can't see in. The kitchen has plenty of worktop space, the three drawers in the dresser behind are useful for pots and pans and I like the two shelves behind the sink for mugs, tea & coffee etc. The bed is comfy and the bathroom has lots of storage including a dirty linen cupboard. The outside front lockers are really deep and we can get our chairs in them. I love the layout and the open feel and sunnyness of the van and the drinks cabinet and subtle lighting add to the general luxury of it. The hot water, electricity, gas and central heating work perfectly for us.

Click here to view the caravan review

Couldn't agree more Maisiedoodle, we love ours for exactly the same reasons. Top tips (as supplied by other forum members )

1, The square light switches for the LED Heki & three round lights are dimmer switches - just hold them in to dim lights.

2, The Avtex tv has a broadcast facility in the setup menu that plays the tv sound through the radio speakers ( set both to 90mhz )

3, You can replace the right hand wardrobe door hinges for triple cranked ones that allow the door to fold flat for easier access.

4, The fabric magazine holder makes a great place to store the microwave plate whilst on the move.

Luckily our's is without faults & I hope your is too.

Enjoy.

Les.
2. 0ltr 150TDCi TITANIUM X KUGA + 2016 Elddis Crusader Mistral ( Misty )

" I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong "

Hi Lesbunny, I didn't know the lights dimmed, look forward to trying that. The caravan was 9 months old when we got it and it didn't have it's original TV with it so I doubt if the one we bought has the same facility to play through the radio speakers. That's a useful tip about the wardrobe hinges, I'll definitely look out for some of those triple cranked ones (well I'll tell my husband to because I've no idea what to look for). I'd already worked out the microwave tray-magazine holder thing, and that one of the cushions just fits inside the plate cupboard above the sink. On our last trip I discovered that I can take the fridge door lock off to make it easier to open, but then forgot to put it on again and the contents were all over the floor when we got home! That's something I won't do again.

By the way, if you have the purple 'Mozart' upholstery, Ikea do a bedding set which is a good match, not too dark but dark enough not to look grubby after a few days, and not too busy and it's only £50 for a double duvet cover and 4 pillows. It's called Vinranka. ..

http://www. ikea. com/gb/en/catalog/products/80229819/