Help With Damp Floor In Avondale Perle

Kragus27

hello all, the project is well on its way, I have started to make new wall panels so far but found the floor was damp too and was able to put a screwdriver all the way through so was just wondering if anybody has any tips for fixing a damp floor in the bathroom, please see pictures

thanks in advance

post-68182-0-35766500-1410342865_thumb.jpg

post-68182-0-23763400-1410342875_thumb.jpg

post-68182-0-64746700-1410342885_thumb.jpg

post-68182-0-01738500-1410342896_thumb.jpg

post-68182-0-66734800-1410342906_thumb.jpg

post-68182-0-88516600-1410342916_thumb.jpg

post-68182-0-70065500-1410342927_thumb.jpg

post-68182-0-57534700-1410342938_thumb.jpg

Hi, well done and love your caravan! Mine was a project too and I have a blog on here with pics.

As for the floor I was lucky that way but I THINK if it was me i'd cut out the damp / rotten section if it's under a bed or somewhere that doesn't get walked on often and replace it with a new bit attaching it with adhesive along the edges, screws from underneith into the baton that is against the wall that the floor sits on then maybe some sort of metal or wooden baton underneith going across the new bit and onto the old but screwed in tight just to hold it in place? If you know what I mean! hard to explain.

Compass Shadow 1988

Hi, well done and love your caravan! Mine was a project too and I have a blog on here with pics.

As for the floor I was lucky that way but I THINK if it was me i'd cut out the damp / rotten section if it's under a bed or somewhere that doesn't get walked on often and replace it with a new bit attaching it with adhesive along the edges, screws from underneith into the baton that is against the wall that the floor sits on then maybe some sort of metal or wooden baton underneith going across the new bit and onto the old but screwed in tight just to hold it in place? If you know what I mean! hard to explain.

Many thanks for the kind comment and yes I do follow what you mean I think that's a good plan, maybe as you say brace a new section underneath as it should not get walked on very much as it is right in the corner!

what kind of project was yours?

It was a total wreck! This! Go to the bottom for the start of it. This is almost the end of my second season using it on a seasonal pitch. http://www. caravantalk. co. uk/community/blog/9-abi-target-project/

Still the odd niggle here and there and I usually find odd jobs but I now know it's watertight, solid and how we want it even if it's not perfect.

I did love doing it and loads of great advice on here helped big time that's why I took on something so bigh rather than just a small repair, more to prove a point I think!

Compass Shadow 1988