Axle And Hub For 1993 Elddis Hurricane Gt

fatgit

Our insurers are writing off our caravan, but I'd rather not part wirth it after just getting it, buying an awning etc, and the fact that we bought the caravan for £600 under the usual price for the same age and spec, and although it's insured for market value, I cant see then offering us enough to buy another unit.

The damage known is that it needs a new hub and wheel spat, but they don't know about the axle.

Being new to all this, is it still possible to buy axles and hubs etc for these caravans and if so, where from? The manual says it's an Alko chassis but the loss adjusters are saying BPW :o

The dealer that sold us the caravan had offered to do the work at cost.

Edited by fatgit

this will give a rough idea of a new water resistant alko axle not sure of the price of a standard axle as you would have to email for a price.

http://www. westerntowing. co. uk/acatalog/Al-ko_Water_Resistant_Axles. html

Towing with 2. 0 darkside mk3 Ford Focus hatch named the Naked Turtle, towing a 1993 Abi Jubilee Emperor Named Michelle

Cheers. Looking at that as a guide, I'd be looking at around £550 total for the parts (also needs 2 tyres and a rim plus wheel spat).

I'll get a price from them as it could save us money

Why not try a caravan breakers, probably cheaper, must be a relatively common item, and probably get the wheel spat there too.

I'll be doing that too, but just in case they dont it will be handy to know the price new.

It seems that the loss adjuster hasnt even seen the caravan but is recommending it is written off - "handily", it's being stored at the salvage yard that also happens to buy written off caravans from them. ..

Hoping to go over tomorrow to have a look myself as I honestly dont trust them.

The manual definitely says Alko chassis - got it as a pdf from Elddis themselves.

Not trusting the loss adjusters info to be honest, as he hasn't had the caravan examined

im in the process of stripping a 1991 elddis earl with the alko chassis the shell with an alko hitch will be going on ebay for £125 the axle should be the same but if you want to send some measurements and fixing detail i will check if it will fit

If you ley me know the auction ID I'll take a look. We currently don't know what's happening until at least mid-week

We've (or rather, the wife) decided not to take back the caravan and have purchased another. Thanks for all the help and info though.

I'd have taken it and repaired it, but my wife refused to go in it again.