Hello And Help! Coachman Owners

Gingaling

We are looking to buy a Coachman Amara 570/6 and we will need to change our car but I am having trouble finding a decent tow car for a decent price.

What do you tow with and any suggestions on tow vehicle, ideally 2009/2010 for about £10000.

I am having a nightmare as only ever towed our Conway Cardinal camper with our Renault Grand Scenic (which won't tow the 570/6 from what I read).

Thanks in advance

Liz

Hi Liz and welcome to CaravanTalk.

Have no idea on what you'll get for your money, but we tow our VIP (MTPLM 1600 kgs) with a Freelander 2.

Happy Caravanning.

Glen (the female)!

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

We tow a 1425 MTPLM with a 54 Sorento bought three years ago for £5k.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

i tow a coachman 580/4 mtplm 1650kg with a freelander 1 td4 tows no problem

Coachman festival 580-4 -Freelander 1 TD4

We tow our 520/4 festival (amara) mtplm 1550kg with a 2007 honda crv 2. 2d which puts me at 89% and I feel its a bit on the heavy side, as you say youve only towed a camper before id be tempted with a sorento (our next purchase) this would put you at a safer towing ratio and would be future proof if you decide on a bigger van anytime, also what will do a lot will do a little if you decide on a smaller van.

as i said in my post i tow with a freelander 1 td4 i fitted a rover ron tuning box completely changed the cars perfomance

towing and solo driving plus my insurance was company were not to bothered about it allough it is listed as being fitted

Coachman festival 580-4 -Freelander 1 TD4

Hi

I looked at Freelanders but for our budget the mileage on them was just too high so we are now the proud owners of a 60 Reg Jeep Patriot 2. 2CRD, braked towing weight 2000kg so bring on the new caravan!

Thanks for your input, I am sure I'll need some more advice once we have bought the van!

XTrail but not the auto

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

A big powerful car! You are quite right to be careful as they are substantial beasts.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.