Circle Marks From Previous Owners Awning

I have about 6 circular marks on the awning side of the van which come from the rubber / plastic suckers on the end of the awning poles.

I would point out that this must have been from the previous owner as I have only used porch awnings which do not have these types of fittings.

Anyway, I have found that Mer polish removes these marks completely but strangely they always reappear a few months later.

I think that I must polish them out at least 4 times a year and have done so over the last 4 years that I've owned the caravan.

Has anybody else had a similar problem?

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Have you tried T-cutting the marks out first??

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

Hmmmm T-Cut - then I'll have 6 circular silver marks :blink:

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

Hmmmm T-Cut - then I'll have 6 circular silver marks :blink:

Indeed :)

It may have discoloured the paint and Mer (being slightly abrasive) is temporarily covering the marks with a slurry of paint. Try a really good cleaner like Fenwicks or Autoglym.

Good luck

Tony

If I knew the make of the awning that had caused the problem then maybe I'd be asking the manufacturer for compensation to pay for a respray :angry:

We had this problem when we used plastic suckers to hold up the wheel skirt. The caravan was paint sealed and they would always reappear. But we were changing the van soon after.

Discovery 4 & Lunar Clubman SB.         Sailing close to the wind

We've seen this dozens of times and it's something I warn against. It's normally caused by the black suckers.

We always machine polish the effected area and have never been told they've come back.

Paul