University Of Bath

chad

Bailey seem to have had a long association with the University of Bath and use them for advice on load distribution and safety on their caravans. Being a simple country lad I cannot understand how these experts have come to the conclusion that on the Mk. 3 Barcelona the weight of the Aldi Boiler, Kitchen Items, Gas bottles, Cooker, Fridge freezer, wardrobe clothes, bathroom items all down one side can be good for stability or am I missing something?

How do you know that Bailey consulted the University of Bath on the subject of load distribution and stability in relation to that particular caravan ?

Is the association really that close? The only research paper that I know of, entitled "The Dynamics of Towed Vehicles", dates back to 2003. That study was carried out in close co-operation with Bailey, but very whether much productive has been done between the two bodies since then to further understanding the science of caravan dynamics remains to be seen.

Is the association really that close? The only research paper that I know of, entitled "The Dynamics of Towed Vehicles", dates back to 2003. That study was carried out in close co-operation with Bailey, but very whether much productive has been done between the two bodies since then to further understanding the science of caravan dynamics remains to be seen.

That paper was available on the internet until recently but doesn't seem to be currently available. Curiously whenever instability is discussed on the CT forum no-one mentions or cites the paper. I wonder if is because, as I seem to recall, one of the main conclusions was that if towing at over a particular speed instability increases quite dramatically ?

How do you know that Bailey consulted the University of Bath on the subject of load distribution and stability in relation to that particular caravan ?

Nick Howard of Bailey says so in their current video

Edited by chad

That paper was available on the internet until recently but doesn't seem to be currently available. Curiously whenever instability is discussed on the CT forum no-one mentions or cites the paper. I wonder if is because, as I seem to recall, one of the main conclusions was that if towing at over a particular speed instability increases quite dramatically ?

The paper is still available here: http://webby. natcoa. net/Caravan. pdf