Wheel Arch Screw Covers - Glueing / Sealing Stuff

sleepyfolk

Howdy bailey boffins, I'm in the process of tarting the old girl up (van not wife in case that needed clearing up), had the tourershine fellas a few months ago so it's all shiny.

Now replacing some of the plastic bits that look weathered, a frame screw covers that are missing, fridge vent screws etc.

My question is: I'm replacing the round 2p sized screw covers on the wheel arch spats as one or two were missing and the others look discoloured, what is the best stuff to blob underneath them, looks like they had silicone under but I thought that was rubbish for caravans, should I use one of the soudall or sikaflex products I have seen mentioned on here?

No need to comment on this extreme level of analness, I already know I need help!

I thought ours just clipped in so that you can take them off easily to undo the screw underneath. I bought ours from Bailey Parts.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Mine were stuck on with silicon. I tried using caravan mastic but it was too soft and they fell off again. So I used a blob of silicon and they stayed put.

There's definitely a blob of something under them, looked like bathroom stuff but wasn't really sticking to anything, as tony says one or two won't stay on of their own accord, could just superglue them I suppose

Super glue probably won't work long term, get some of the plastic pipe welding adhesive from B&Q or plumbers merchants, 3 small blobs around the circumference and push them in place, wipe off any excess immediately and definately don't use too much, you'll never get the covers off again.

Plumbers mate will hold it in place and you'll still be able to remove it if needs be.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)