Sign in to follow this  
mandville

Robin 450/5

Finally i did it, after the please ID posts i finally used my tow bar on a Robin 450/5

Outside its very good condition apart from a loose grab handle.

Inside its "lived it" as can be seen in the pics, so far the project will be

try and match all cushions,

sort out incomming water connection electric/foot

fit loo!

replace a few of the window latches.

its missing the bunk (not needed) and the privacy curtain.

things to work out. .

check all electrics (new leisure battery fitted)

Work out how to set up the rear double

how the switches actually work.

its been retro fitted 240 i think.

I have the serial number, the original purchase receipt 1982, the handbook, a booking from a holiday camp in 87 with a couple of pictures (it had an awning at the time) and loads of other bits of paperwork.

for privacy reasons i have not mentioned the serial number but its in the low 300s

post-60304-0-09553700-1410258828_thumb.jpg

post-60304-0-15018500-1410258835_thumb.jpg

post-60304-0-37156100-1410258838_thumb.jpg

post-60304-0-10358600-1410258841_thumb.jpg

post-60304-0-80615000-1410258843_thumb.jpg

post-60304-0-86647300-1410258846_thumb.jpg

post-60304-0-46488400-1410258850_thumb.jpg

post-60304-0-14861500-1410258853_thumb.jpg

post-60304-0-61167600-1410258857_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Excellent project and well done, another classic will live on.

Had one new in 1983 with ambergate aluminium chassis we loved it and kept it for ten years I think yours may be either 82 or 84 I would carefully check around the a frame as cracking was not unknown enjoy a good project get your teeth into Chris

Can a mod possibly move this to the other marque forum and retitled to 450 not 350

I will do the obligitory blog etc

Found out how the rear double makes!

Thabsk for the other tips.

Had one new in 1983 with ambergate aluminium chassis we loved it and kept it for ten years I think yours may be either 82 or 84 I would carefully check around the a frame as cracking was not unknown enjoy a good project get your teeth into Chris

august 82 according to the original purchase receipt, and the label under the tow bar is in german (poss)

i may pick your brains later. No the dog did not come with it but she is quite at home in it.

i am not sure how much of a project but lets start this weekend

Edited by mandville

i have set up a simple gallery, along with why we went hunting a tin tent, the vans we looked at, and other things like that.

upates to this

i have spoken to the contact for the Robin Owners club.

summary. :

• there are about 6 members of the club and they doubt it will go on for much longer.
  • manuals were pretty much the same for all models and apparently some things (like cooker) were additional extras.
  • serial numbers didn't really mean much and there is no effective reccord of who owns which one due to ease of selling without a proper system in place. .
  • if you have a robin and which to take it back to original then have fun, if you just want to make it suit you, then have fun. .

it would be nice to have a gallery on here of existing vans and serials just for prosperity sake.

the paperwork i have with the van is probably of more historical value than the van. seems previous owners just shoved everything van relate in the folder. eg site bookings, pictures, receipts, etc.

Gi there I've just got a Robin its a wee 2bith and would like to know more about it. I was told that it's early 70s. is there not that many owners

Gi there I've just got a Robin its a wee 2bith and would like to know more about it. I was told that it's early 70s. is there not that many owners

i am totally sorry for not being able to respond earlier.

there are not many Robins left, therefore not many owners as mentioned earlier.

wher/when did you get it? any pics? i know you had hassle getting them uploaded. it will either be marked something like 12/2 or 402

eg mine is 450cm long and a 5 berth,

what sort of questions did you have about it.

I had a Robin 4/5 berth, we had it from a friend it was in 1982 it was 12mths old when got it for £900, we had it until 1996/7. it had no double glazing, gas lights & one electric if you left in plugged in to the car,we had a Carlight stablizer fitted great little van & light to tow, I think the caravan is still being stored @ Cosgrove M/Keynes on a mates yard

I know this is an old thread but would just like to let you know that I have recently been gifted a Robin 450/5 that has been dry stored in a barn for the last 8 to 10 years.

Nothing wrong with it as far as I can see bar the curtains and carpet that need replacing. no evidence of leaks or damp.

I would put some pics but have no idea how to

I know this is an old thread but would just like to let you know that I have recently been gifted a Robin 450/5 that has been dry stored in a barn for the last 8 to 10 years.

Nothing wrong with it as far as I can see bar the curtains and carpet that need replacing. no evidence of leaks or damp.

I would put some pics but have no idea how to

After a few years barn stored it should be thoroughly dry, it is important that you check well for damp after a few weeks of normal weather. May save you £s if you can spot anything soon enough.

After a few years barn stored it should be thoroughly dry, it is important that you check well for damp after a few weeks of normal weather. May save you £s if you can spot anything soon enough.

I got it a couple of months before storm Doris, went in it yesterday and removed the old carpet, no sign of damp or sponginess anywhere on the floor nor on the walls or roof lining.

I got it a couple of months before storm Doris, went in it yesterday and removed the old carpet, no sign of damp or sponginess anywhere on the floor nor on the walls or roof lining.

Looking good then! Like any van out of warranty needs frequent checking though.

Hi, thanks for letting me join.

I have a Robin 450/5 sitting on my drive which belongs to my father in law. I'd like to move it and build a shed and I'm not sure whether to stick it on Free cycle or tow it to the tip or what.

I'm not necessarily looking to sell it here so apologies if this comes across as a classified. I'm just after some guidance as to whether there are collectors or restorers out there? I'd rather it went to somebody who would take care of it than to just dump it or let somebody strip it for scrap, but perhaps that's all its good for now? I've really no idea, and any advice appreciated.

It's in decent nick but needs some tlc. Not sure what year.

I have a 1984 Robin which i bought from a dealer last summer. It is a 450/5. Does anyone know what it weighs?

Welcome and I don't know nor can find your answer so I hope others can help.