Dark Tv

ancell

Hi all

Sitting watching my £100 Argos TV here in pitch black Fraserburgh.

Problem is I want to locate at eye level or above.

When I do that the picture goes very dark in anything but bright day transmissions.

I seem to remember being told this can be a feature of cheap LCD TVs.

Are my only options to locate it below eye lever or buy a £200TV.

Would £200 be enough?

My solution was two door wedges to lean the tv forward. 50p.

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

We have a 19in tv purchased at Argos £99, it is situated at eye level standing in my Bailey Bordeaux, I have it slightly tilted and it can easily be viewed even when lying on the benches, not all cheap tv's are the same,

Dave

I take a tv from out of the house, a 22" Samsung, it's sits on the central chest in my Bailey Ranger and can be viewed easily from sitting on the side benches or laying in bed, I don't have to tilt it to get a clear picture, however at home on the sideboard in the dining room it has to be tilted forward to stop the blackness when the picture goes dark. A lot of TV's have this problem I'm told it's to do with how the screen is lit, i. e. backlit or side lit.

Yes our cheap 12v TV from Currie's needs to be leaned forward too so that we can both see it when lying on the benches, though it's integrated stand seems to do the job quite well.

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

A narrow viewing angle is present on most LED screens, even some quite expensive ones.

I have the same problem with my Avtex! It is very precarious to tilt it far enough forward for viewing on my high level tv shelf. Trying to devise something to hold it safe at an odd angle without going for a screwed on bracket.

Nissan X trail and Bailey Ranger Bailey Verona

Had a similar problem with a cheep Alba tv, got a cheapish £140 tv with a wide viewing angle. Its worth looking around for the best you can get in your price range.

Thanks for all the advice.

Tilting it forward definitely improves the picture but siting it below eye level gives a much better picture quality IE darkness vanishes.

Try these

http://www. lagom. nl/lcd-test/

(You'll need to connect a laptop to the tv)

Use the contrast and brightness settings to reset the tv to work better at your preferred viewing angle. It will look terrible seen straight on now, but you can't have everything.

Edited by BFM

Enjoy every minute of every day. It doesn't last nearly as long as you'd like, and there's no guarantee of coming this way again.

Thanks for the suggestion I will download the pages next week when I get home as I am on a 3 dongle in the caravan and its £10 a Gbyte.

At least tilting the TV is an improvement

I have the same problem with my Avtex! It is very precarious to tilt it far enough forward for viewing on my high level tv shelf. Trying to devise something to hold it safe at an odd angle without going for a screwed on bracket.

After I had my TV stolen I invested in an AVTEX since we suffered with this problem with the cheap Tesco TV.

Latest Avtex was much better.

I also think it depends on how near you are, since that alters the viewing angle.

The test for me was viewing in the fixed bed, since the TV was mounted basically at the foot of the bed, but up high.

Old TV needed leaning.

Avtex OK

Steve

Olympus II 620-6 & Mitsubishi Shogun

Follow us on FacebookInstagram and Twitter

At least the weathers been kind to you since Sunday up here. And also the promise of Northern lights this weekend. ;) ;)

Yup I am down at old Rathen church grave yard on our annual hunt for the wife's long dead Brochers tenant farmers.

We saw a stunning display this time 2 years ago on the esplanade with a full moon.

We watched for 3 hours.

I have yet to meet a Brocher of any age that have seen them

My 32 in Samsung has an Eco setting that dims the picture when the room lighting is dimmed.

Infuriating

Freelander 2 chased by a 2011 Unicorn Valencia