Nice Services On The M6

PR1

Heading north on the M6 in the morning. I recall a really nice service area on the M6 somewhere around the Lake District. I seem to remember a lake being there. Can anybody help me remember which one it is?

Thanks

Paul

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Killington Services run by Westmorland Services just south of J37 BUT BUT BUT only available southbound. You look out over Lake Killington. Virtually east of Kendal.

Tebay (see above) is just north of J 38 and available north and south.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Thank you!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Has anyone been to the new Gloucester services on the M5, run by the same people as Tebay, also very nice.

Edited by Marks

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

They are a local company to us in the lakes.

How come they get it right and every other SA gets it wrong?

Shock Horror!

Tis owned by RoadChef!

Tebay is the one owned by Westmorland Motorway Services Ltd. My memory is going!

Graham

The Tebay services are indeed very nice, but we have failed twice to park with the caravan, so now give it a wide berth. If we are heading up to the lakes we try to stop at the Sandbach services as they have caravan bays close to the entrance and you can generally get in there.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Haven't used Tebay Services northbound but southbound there is a picnic/caravan parking area. Its a bit rural but plenty of space and no HGVs.

Interestingly there is a caravan site with 80 pitches at the Northbound services.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

Sandbach services are about 109 miles south of Tebay services.

I realise that, but the OP does live in South Glos and asked about services on the M6 Northbound. Just thought I would post our experiences as, after all, trying to get into most services with a caravan nowadays is a bit hit and miss and if you've been caught up in traffic jams lower down then he could well be ready for a stop at Sandbach.

Edited by Glen and Les

But they left this morning!

Graham

But they left this morning!

Oh well, that'll teach me to turn the ipad horizontal so I can see the dates and times posted!

May not yet have reached Sandbach ? :rolleyes:

I don't think the traffic jams are THAT bad - lol!

Maybe someone else will benefit from the information.

Oh well, that'll teach me to turn the ipad horizontal so I can see the dates and times posted!

Thanks for sharing that, I wondered where that information went to when using the iPad!!

Mercedes GLC 250d towing a 2015 Bailey Unicorn Valencia

Oh well, that'll teach me to turn the ipad horizontal so I can see the dates and times posted! I don't think the traffic jams are THAT bad - lol!

Maybe someone else will benefit from the information.

Nor do I, though many other contributors claim that traffic jams are endemic on roads on which I regularly travel without experiencing any delays. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the secret of minimal delay motorway travel is like the secret of good comedy -.......timing ?

If last nights tv programme on the M6 is to be believed then most it in the west Midlands is always at a standstill.

if its not at a standstill its being resurfaced and keeping the neighbours awake.

poolebob

Honda CRV Diesel Petrol & No caravan now. :angry:

If last nights tv programme on the M6 is to be believed then most it in the west Midlands is always at a standstill.

if its not at a standstill its being resurfaced and keeping the neighbours awake.

poolebob

It certainly was a standstill on a Friday at the end of July when I was travelling up to Kendal.

I did feel sorry for the people who lived right on the motorway with the night time roadworks just opposite and the refusal of the highways agency to put them up in a hotel for the night.