What Porch Awning

olblueeyes

Hi all we are due to change or caravan this week end getting a pegasus 534 so moving toba bigger van, at the moment we have a lovely isabella capri lux 900cm and a suncamp sun canopy, niether of which will fit tge new van so have to go, we are thinking this time to go for a porch awing around 390cm but which one, looked at tge kampa rally ace and 390 pro but read that they can mark the van due to the 2 outer poles pressing on the sides of the van, or should we go air like the suncamp air looks nice does this solve the problem I have read about on this forum, or is there a way of putting something on the ends of the poles to stop the problem ummm, thanks for any replies, martin

I've had a rally air pro 390 up for about 5 months in total this year, it has been windy at times and there are no marks on the van

We have a rally 260, can't say I've noticed an any marks from it at all.

Great awning, easy to put up, I can do it on my own as all the poling is done on the outside. Had a pole bend e-mailed kampa, sent a photo, new pole in the post, no questions. Customer service is outstanding. I had to pack away wet last time out, left in the bag for a week before I could dry it, no problems again. If you can afford it go for the pro as I think the material is a bit better. Mine was an unused second hand purchase so the price which was good drove the colour choice.

Would buy one again without a question

We bought a Kampa Rally Club 330 earlier this year and have used it a couple of times. If it is erected properly, I don't see how it can mark the side of the caravan as the roof poles sit in a pocket which rests on the awning rail. Quite windy at times and no marks on the caravan. We have been well impressed with the quality of this awning which is much easier to erect than our previous Sunncamp and fits against the caravan perfectly due to the adjustable poles. I'd be interested to know how Air awnings cope with sloping pitches as there doesn't seem to be any means of adjusting the air "poles".

John M

2017 Skoda Superb Estate 2. 0 Tdi 190; 2014 Swift Challenger 530SE + Powrtouch Evolution

Not sure if it will fit, but after having a few porch awnings we finally settled on the Isabella magnum, fantastic awning plus you can add the Isabella annex to it for extra space and an additional sun canopy

Disco 3 and Bailey Segovia 

Hi,

When we bought our Peggy 554 our existing Isabella awning would not fit (I can't remember the original size) and we were told by a dealer that the size difference from what it was to what it needed to be was to great for it to be altered. I phoned Isabella and asked them, they stated that it could be altered. Isabella altered it four or five sizes and for far less than buying a new awning.

Steve

Steve (BroGoat)

travel blog - www. adventure-before-dementia. co. uk