Elddis 2003 Whats Is This Attached To The Axle?

John03

Hi all,

Firstly I am posting this question via the new member introductions section as I cannot find the button to click and start a new topic within the forum section - can someone give me the way to navigate to this please.

Secondly,

I have just come across a strange mechanism attached to a BPW axle on an Elddis 2003 caravan, I can only think its part of some sort of leveling system. Anyway its preventing the fitting of a motor mover, so my question is, what is it and can it be removed to install a mover without effecting anything else on the van?

Please let me know if you recognize it.

Many Thanks

John03

post-68410-0-43672800-1410186507_thumb.jpg

Can you find the quick nav tab?

Find the section you wish to post in and click on Start New Topic once you are there.

What does the part hidden label show. Is it a warning of anything?

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

That looks to be a device for raising the caravan if you have a puncture. It works on a cam system. You

can remove it with no problem, but it could be an invaluable item! ;)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

That looks to be a device for raising the caravan if you have a puncture. It works on a cam system. You

Don't you mean valuable? ;)

Ford C-Max and Coachman Festival 380/2 SE 2006    Motto  Carpe Diem

Still trying to find the perfect pitch. ..110 amp Battery+ 65 watt roof mounted Solar and 25 watt Wind Turbine. LED lighting. Status Aerial 315. Loose chattels marked with UV,. Safefill Gas Fitted.

Isn't it like flammable and inflammable??? :)

Edited by gravon42

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

+1, but is there another one on the other side? Would have thought two would be needed!

Tried googling for info. but no success. You are correct Wozzy, two would be needed.

Hi

It is a as the previous poster said a device to lift the caravan in case of a puncture. It works on a cam system drop the cam and drive forward and the cam lifts the axle. You can still get them on e-bay imported from Austria I think however the new ones are made of some sort of alloy

Sandy