Swift Caravans At The Lawns

carver

Well it was in part a washout on first day but I'm pleased to say the Swift vans looked great. I was very impressed with the selection on show and the response from sales people on hand, on the whole, well done.

I still have great reservations about damp vans from this manufacturer, the fact that now it would appear that this Smart HT is the way forward for this brand, Sales people can always talk the talk and could sell sand to the Arabs, well I have enough sand thank you, all the spiel about how impervious to water the Pure system is doesn't convince me at all, maybe 3 years down the road when reports are good will I then believe what I'm being told, although the Pure system maybe impervious to water, it doesn't stop the joints leaking, I personally don't like the fact that joint capping on the top corners still exist, I am surprised not to see one piece roof.

The shiny interior doors don't do it for me either, just my opinion. I was greatly surprised by the Lunar Caravans, the interior finish was vey well taken care of, I thought that overall, great attention to detail had been paid. Didn't like the Coachman very much and looked like a knock off from the 2011 Swift brand.

Elddis, WOW, good all round, very pleasing to the eye, very sleek, very well put together on the inside.

I didn't stay in the Swift vans long enough to see if they stayed dry on the inside while it was raining but as many have said before, time will tell.

For those going to the show today, have a great day, it was a good show. Hope the weather is better.

carver

Well it was in part a washout on first day but I'm pleased to say the Swift vans looked great. I was very impressed with the selection on show and the response from sales people on hand, on the whole, well done.

I still have great reservations about damp vans from this manufacturer, the fact that now it would appear that this Smart HT is the way forward for this brand, Sales people can always talk the talk and could sell sand to the Arabs, well I have enough sand thank you, all the spiel about how impervious to water the Pure system is doesn't convince me at all, maybe 3 years down the road when reports are good will I then believe what I'm being told, although the Pure system maybe impervious to water, it doesn't stop the joints leaking, I personally don't like the fact that joint capping on the top corners still exist, I am surprised not to see one piece roof.

The shiny interior doors don't do it for me either, just my opinion. I was greatly surprised by the Lunar Caravans, the interior finish was vey well taken care of, I thought that overall, great attention to detail had been paid. Didn't like the Coachman very much and looked like a knock off from the 2011 Swift brand.

Elddis, WOW, good all round, very pleasing to the eye, very sleek, very well put together on the inside.

I didn't stay in the Swift vans long enough to see if they stayed dry on the inside while it was raining but as many have said before, time will tell.

For those going to the show today, have a great day, it was a good show. Hope the weather is better.

carver

I hear what u say about the damp question that is yet to be seen. Although on there own forum there seems to be some damp issues cropping up already. I dare say that many will give Swift time before making a decision on purchase, just as I would.

I haven't been to the show and wont make it this year due to family health matters but I will make the NEC. I did watch the swift TV videos that focussed around the factory and the processes, I have to say that I though the factory looked pretty untidy and slobberish, if that's a word. I thought the factory environment would been a little more clinical and their workers in some kind of work attire that was company focused.

I was especially surprised to see how the process looked labour intensive, surely with all the names such as HT, Smart and Pure they still cant be relying on a human to apply critical materials such as sealants. There must be some element of automation in the assembly process??

Regards,

Kevin.

Good job we are all different. Like you we were there in the rain. We went thinking we would probably buy a new Swift Elegance but got inside and didn't like them nor the Lunars. I loved the look of the Elddis but hubby didn't like the way the interior walls moved when he pushed them and didn't think that it was put together very well and we ended up buying a Coachman. The first salesman we spoke to didn't seem to know much but we found a really helpful man from Wanderhome who gave us a good deal. Armed with that I telephoned our local Coachman dealer who agreed to match the show offer which included a free motormover. Anyone want to buy a four years old caravan?

Kia Sorrento towing a Coachman VIP 575/4

Our blog: jennyandjohngocaravanning. wordpress. com

Salesmen will try to make big smart construction, while its superior to coachman and Elddis, its still not up to the Alutech spec, which has grp on the interior wall.
Only the smart HT matches Bailey in this respect, and leaves them behind with the plastic floor.

What the salesmen don't mention is the smart still has an interior plywood wall!

On the swift talk site Ash says the smart is timber less, as plywood is wood!!!!

Edited by xtrailman

After a 2hr drive back from the Lawns show Saturday In the rain I am sorry to say I was not greatly impressed by the Swift vans, we are as some said all very different and different tastes but I expected the Wow factor to be greater and it just wasn't.

I dislike the interiors and those blooming horrible bright gloss doors would be better served in a 1990's Hobby. Another aspect was the floors, they just didn't have that solid feel like the older wood floors.

The lunar Caravans were exceptional, perhaps not as bling as the Swift but very well built and good attention to finer detail, I was told that 2016 will be an interesting year for there new system of building caravans, perhaps they are waiting until all others have shown their cards first then Lunar will come in with their designs having learned from all others design and build problems.

I can see myself in a Lunar in the next 3 years if they continue to impress me, all a matter of personal taste of course.

Apart from the weather it was a good show and met some nice people and decent sales people.

Edited by dawson1961

Salesmen will try to make big smart construction, while its superior to coachman and Elddis, its still not up to the Alutech spec, which has grp on the interior wall.

Only the smart HT matches Bailey in this respect, and leaves them behind with the plastic floor.

What the salesmen don't mention is the smart still has an interior plywood wall!

On the swift talk site Ash says the smart is timber less, as plywood is wood!!!!

Sorry, am I missing something, I was under the impression that the interior walls are composite on the elegance range?

Sorry, am I missing something, I was under the impression that the interior walls are composite on the elegance range?

Only the Elegance range has the Smart HT non timber spec.

The Smart caravan models have some timber.

A late post due to travelling but here goes.

Someone mentioned floors on the new Swift caravans and how noisy they were, I agree, not all but most of them in my opinion seemed very spongy and lacked the sense of substance.

The exterior looks were impressive, the interior looked clinical and looked like I daren't touch for fear of finger marks, those horrible plastic cheap looking doors were in my opinion lowering the quality of look, Swift, please change them and please don't make these the future.

Lunar although lacking in the exterior looks of the Swift and Bailey were well up on quality compared to the rest. They have really upped there game.

Coachman, not as nice looking as Swift or Bailey but better looking than the Lunar.

Which one would I buy right now if I had the funds? Lunar, hands down.

Oh, which brings me to the cost difference between Bailey and Swift, come on guys at Swift, lets be sensible, 4k difference in some cases. No way, the extra cost for me didn't warrant the reward, lets start getting prices down, not up. if I were in the market for 20k plus on a Swift, I would be looking at a lower end Eterniti instead.

Charles

On the subject of Lunar,we were on site recently and walking around after dark there was a new Lunar ( can't remember the model ) on which the front grab handles were lit up with a blue backlight.

Can't say I liked it really and wouldn't want to be pitched opposite it as they were quite bright.

Ian

We had a Lunar pitched across from us a few weeks ago - it was "nose in" on the pitch and the rear grab handle LED lights were just awful to look out at. We had to close a blind as they were so bright. How are they switched? Can you turn them off separately or do they only go off when you turn off your inside lights? They did go off when the occupants went to bed.

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

Hi the grab handle lights have a switch inside the van just for them so you can switch them on or off as you please

Thank you - I guess the owners just wanted to show them off, but maybe I should have asked them to step inside our caravan and look out!

Does anyone know if they have a purpose or are they just another gimmick?

2019 Ford Kuga 2. 0 (150 bhp) AWD Manual and 2022 Coachman Acadia GTS 565.

I do find them handy on a summers evening when we are sat outside, other than that I just put them on to show off and put a little heat in them to keep them serviceable .

Ps I don't think there any better or worse than the lights you have on ehu bollards.

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel

• 4 weeks later...

I do find them handy on a summers evening when we are sat outside, other than that I just put them on to show off and put a little heat in them to keep them serviceable .

Ps I don't think there any better or worse than the lights you have on ehu bollards.

I agree -- Show off if you want, I'll not complain as I am tolerant of others even though I wouldn't necessarily join 'em. There are more important things to moan about!

Alan

Edited by a13est

I agree -- Show off if you want, I'll not complain as I am tolerant of others even though I wouldn't necessarily join 'em. There are more important things to moan about!

Alan

seriously they are handy if there are a group of you sat outside

Lunar Ultima 540

Honda CRV 2. 2 Diesel