Chapel Lane Caravan Club Site Wythall Birmingham

Anyone been to this site, looking to use has a base while visiting APF show at Ragely Hall, seems to have plenty of big pitches for my big daft Bus etc.

Ste

. ....One life, Don't waste it fixing LandRovers .

Ford F350 SUPERDUTY Towing 640 Hobby @ 1%

Yes, it will serve the purpose. A bog standard CC site, flat as an airfield, masses of space, rows of gravel squares stretching into the far distance, well behaved pensioners in residence, all very quiet after 8 pm when nurse comes round with pills and tablets and packs people off to bed. A practical, neat, clean and tidy place, but don't expect fun.

Yes, it will serve the purpose. A bog standard CC site, flat as an airfield, masses of space, rows of gravel squares stretching into the far distance, well behaved pensioners in residence, all very quiet after 8 pm when nurse comes round with pills and tablets and packs people off to bed. A practical, neat, clean and tidy place, but don't expect fun.

You omitted other features. Close to local cemetery, next to transport museum. There is also a farm shop with cookery school and restaurant a short walk away. There is a bus stop near the entrance. The CC version of the site is:

Since it's so conveniently placed near major motorways (M1, M6 and M42), plus the National Exhibition Centre and Birmingham, Chapel Lane Caravan Club Site is a rural gem that will take you by surprise. Set in the shadow of a charming old chapel and with a pleasant open-field horizon, this caravan site is also marvellous for those with an interest in our industrial heritage - there are fascinating museums close by to take you back in time.

Edited by DeeTee

One of my partners favourite sites! Only five miles away. :)

2011 Land Rover Freelander 2, Lago grey 2013 Freelander Dynamic Black, followed by a 2013 Elddis 574 Magnum GT white

We've used it several times to go to the NEC for the Gadget Show (for my grandson) although we haven't been for a couple of years now. As said there's the transport museum at one end of the site although we've never tried it.

The farm shop complex (5 minutes walk) used to be a good place to take the kids - the last time we were there they had chicks being hatched and the children could handle them.

They also had a classic car/motorcycle meet there and my grandsons had a great time looking around at them. We've also used the restaurant which wasn't bad. It's also not too far from Cadbury World.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Used it as an overnight stop on the way to Somerset \ Devon last year.

From memory, we were on #92 and could (virtually) have left the car attached to the twin axle van (c43ft). Not a great pitch though as it was a bit "car park" like but OK for one night. Directly across from us there was 3 or 4 pitches and two of them had tag axle "single-decker" bus motorhomes on them!

A nice site. The bus museum next door was brilliant ! The M42 on a Friday night wasn't ! ;)

If you park up against the tall hedge on the right in autumn beware of acorns falling on the rear of the van. They scared the 'be*****us' out of us until we realised what it was. .... No damage at all.

Edited by Shirl250

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

A nice site. The bus museum next door was brilliant ! The M42 on a Friday night wasn't ! ;)

If you park up against the tall hedge on the right in autumn beware of acorns falling on the rear of the van. They scared the 'be*****us' out of us until we realised what it was. .... No damage at all.

For a moment, before I checked your location, I wondered how much of the M42 you would use.

However if you were to go via Warwick, whilst it takes probably ten minutes longer, the route is about three miles shorter. It also has the benefit of using only three miles of the west bound M42

Edited by DeeTee

For a moment, before I checked your location, I wondered how much of the M42 you would use.

However if you were to go via Warwick, whilst it takes probably ten minutes longer, the route is about three miles shorter. It also has the benefit of using only three miles of the west bound M42

It was probably the M40 too :lol: !

2007 Bailey Series 5 Senator Arizona (4 berth, rear bathroom, side dinette) towed by a 57 Kia Sorento XS Auto with Kumho KL17 tyres, Reich Mover, Kampa Rally 390, Caravan Tyres : GT Radial Maxmiler CX 185/80 R14 102R.

Which route did you take ?

MK to Brackley to Banbury then up the M40 !

MK to Brackley to Banbury then up the M40 !

Must have been mainly congestion on M40 as there would only be three miles on M42, albeit which could also be congested.