Lunar Ultima 2004 Awning Rails

harvomark

Hi,

After finding higher readings than normal on the back corner about 500mm up decided to remove the awning rail re bed and seal, managed to get it off in one piece and do the job but i am thinking of doing all of them, they are in three pieces each side and all are shaped. I may be able to re use all the rails but if needed can I still buy them and anyone know where i could get them from?

Thanks in advance.

Volvo XC90 D5 AWD, Lunar Ultima 615,Towing at 62%

You have a second chance at life it's called tomorrow!

Not sure if this is helpful, but we had the rear section of rail replaced on our Quasar as there had be ingress right at the top corner where it curves down to the back wall. The mobile guy that did it ordered the section from the nearest Lunar dealer Chicester Caravans.

Hi

You can get most awning rails (aluminium extrusion) I believe, including from here:

http://www. magnummotorhomes. co. uk/view_category. asp?catID=232

I understand from others that awning rail sealant seems to last from 5-10 years (some quicker than that!), my 2005 Avondale is in the process of having all the sealant replaced (Sikaflex 512 recommended) but you should be able to get the old rails off and clean them ( messy business but worth while) rather than go to the expense of new ones and the trouble of re-shaping to your van but DO use new stainless steel screws and DO NOT use power screwdriver to put them back (mistake I made on my first rail!!) as you'll only have to do it again as it squeezes too much sealant out of the joint!!

Jim

"keep your motor running"

caravan: Avondale Avocet ( 2006) - tow car: Renault Laguna (2007) - play car: Mercedes 300SL (1988)

Thanks for the replys,

James F I've just replaced the one where the readings were high and done all the above, managed to get it off in one piece clean up and replace, your right it is messy took me 4 hrs for one 3. 5 meter rail solid except where the high readings was but i intend to re bed all the other rails one at a time but was curious about new rails just in case! Wozerp we have a Chichester caravans by us thanks.

Volvo XC90 D5 AWD, Lunar Ultima 615,Towing at 62%

You have a second chance at life it's called tomorrow!