Interrupted Holiday/enforced Stay

PR1

Freelander2 serviced and set off for Scotland. Pulled into Burrs Country Park CC site at 6. 50 pm. Stopped at the barrier, and the Freelander2 would not restart! Helpful caravan nerds and wardens pushed the caravan and Freelander2 to the nearest pitch.

My mate came down and used Hawkeye. Duff air control valve.

Mayday collected vehicle on Friday morning. Trouble is the dealer cannot touch it until Monday morning.

Now having to rebook sites for hopefully a Tuesday depart!

Grrrrrr!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Get on the train and have a different look at the park.

Hope you still make it up to Scotland.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Having similar problems, except cancelled trip and enforced stay at home. The turbo vanes actuator on my Sorento decided to pack up. The car is currently at the local dealer having a new turbo fitted. The Kia 7 year warranty is fortunately looking after the bill. We are hoping to get on our way on Wednesday to Salisbury Hillside CC for 6 days.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

Turn this enforced stay into a positive. Stock up on Bury Black Puddings from the famous market. :rolleyes::)

That's done, as well as meat from the market!

Bummer. :(

Where about in Scotland are you heading?

Largs to start with to see more friends, then somewhere in the middle, hopefully Bun Roy campsite for a week!

2019 Bailey Platinum (640) Phoenix from Chipping Sodbury caravans, towed by our  2017 my Discovery Sport!

Turn this enforced stay into a positive. Stock up on Bury Black Puddings from the famous market. :rolleyes::)

Naw. Don't be daft. :P He'll get Stornoway Black Pudding up here! :)

That's done, as well as meat from the market!

Largs to start with to see more friends, then somewhere in the middle, hopefully Bun Roy campsite for a week!

Not far from you next week (maybe) - Ayr and D & G.

Bet that 7 year warranty is looking good now

Having similar problems, except cancelled trip and enforced stay at home. The turbo vanes actuator on my Sorento decided to pack up. The car is currently at the local dealer having a new turbo fitted. The Kia 7 year warranty is fortunately looking after the bill. We are hoping to get on our way on Wednesday to Salisbury Hillside CC for 6 days.

David

:)

Freelander2 serviced and set off for Scotland. Pulled into Burrs Country Park CC site at 6. 50 pm. Stopped at the barrier, and the Freelander2 would not restart! Helpful caravan nerds and wardens pushed the caravan and Freelander2 to the nearest pitch.

My mate came down and used Hawkeye. Duff air control valve.

Mayday collected vehicle on Friday morning. Trouble is the dealer cannot touch it until Monday morning.

Now having to rebook sites for hopefully a Tuesday depart!

Grrrrrr!

Don't mention this to Griff or Caravaner 1 in the green oval thread. ..............

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

That's bad news. Hope you get it sorted.

They all break down you know, luck of the draw.

Hope you've got warranty

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

Bet that 7 year warranty is looking good now

:)

It sure is!!! This is the first time we have had any sort of problem in the three and a half years of owning the car. We are quite pleased with Kia's response to our turbo problem. Our local dealer have also been very sympathetic, and let us have a courtesy car from day one.

David

мы приходим невидимый - HM Submarines Conqueror, Churchill, Renown, Onslaught, Ocelot, Porpoise

That's bad news. Hope you get it sorted.

They all break down you know, luck of the draw.

Hope you've got warranty

Thing is the disco, albeit seventeen years old has never let us down !

Thing is the disco, albeit seventeen years old has never let us down !

Fantastic!

If I'd have known I was going to be this thirsty this morning I'd have drunk more last night

It's a bummer when things go wrong, but having experienced the same, its another reason I don't book ahead. I made the mistake of booking a pitch in Italy for next week - for a 14 night stay - but can't go so that's 50 euro down the swanny. Lesson learned - again!

Russ

Online blog and travels, although sometimes there is a lack of travel due to work!

It's an uncharted sea, it's an unopened door but you've got to reach out and you've got to explore.

It's a bummer when things go wrong, but having experienced the same, its another reason I don't book ahead. I made the mistake of booking a pitch in Italy for next week - for a 14 night stay - but can't go so that's 50 euro down the swanny. Lesson learned - again!

Russ

Sorry to hear that Russ as you also seem to be losing your financial touch. :rolleyes: I'm very surprised that you haven't had the foresight to mitigate your loss by using an interest free account somewhere. :);)