Removing Taps For Winter

Crown 60

Hi There, just a quick question when laying your van up for winter do you remove the tap spouts to avoid damage or leave them in place,the previous owner of our van used to remove them after he sustained a cracked spout he showed me how to remove them but cannot for the life of me remember if they unscrew or just pull off.

Many thanks in advance.

David. ...

Sounds a bit extreme - I just make sure all taps & the shower are opened, drained and left open. The shower head gets disconnected and the pipe lays in the shower. I also leave the main drain down open. A quick blow down the spout should clear any water sitting in the spout.

For a more thorough blow through I use my dinghy footpump to blow any residual water out of the system

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

Our tap spouts don't come off, but never had a problem. We do leave them in the open / on position though. And also recent started to use a device to blow excess water out of the system that does not drain of it's own accord called Floe.

http://www. keepfloeing. com/

You just gently presurise the system with a car tyre pump, then open each tap to blow out the excess water. Got about half a litre out of ours.

Thanks for the replies so far, esp the link Wozerp, think i will look into the Floe device.

I leave the taps open, after I have blown out any residual water

in the drained system. Make sure the pump is not left running

as it would damage it irrepairably, remove the fuse if necessary.

I use a floe device, I was amazed with the volume of water I got out the system.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

The Pump is a submersible so will be unplugged Gumdrop, where did you purchase your Floe from Marks and how much was it ?.

The Floe adaptor is available from most accessory shops but search around as the price varies.

Tony

The Pump is a submersible so will be unplugged Gumdrop, where did you purchase your Floe from Marks and how much was it ?.

I've had it for ages now, and can't remember where I got it, they are readily avaliable and approx £35 if you shop around.

https://www. keepfloeing. 1gbx. com/categories/Touring/

Edited by Marks

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630