Fly Screens Need Cleaned

curls11

Are they flat, or are they pleated, I would use a brush attachment on a vacuum cleaner, and if you can press against a hard surface, it will be more through. How are they dirty, dust, food fight ha ha.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

I am glad you asked this question, as I have been contemplating how to do the same job. Mine has some beetle juice stains on them and would like to know a safe way of cleaning them without splitting the mesh.

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

I'd use a bathroom Mould and Mildew Cleaner and follow the instructions.

Before now I have used an old toothbrush after leaving the mesh to

sun dry the mildew, bear in mind that the dust/mildew could cause breathing

problems to some people

Be careful that you don't get anything on the windows - sprays or splashes of some cleaners can dissolve or cause acrylic to craze.

The vaccy cleaner sounds like the best bet.

2018 S-Max Titanium 2. 0 Tdci (177. 54bhp,180ps,132kw) Powershift + 2015 Unicorn III Cadz, Ventura Marlin porch awning

I took the whole units off the wall so they could be laid flat, then just used washing up liquid and clean water to get rid of most of the bubbles

Ford Kuga Powershift AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

Can I extend this topic to include the overhead fly screens and blinds.

Because they retract into themselves how do you get at the debris that collects at the far extremities?

2017 BMW 520d GT. 2012 Pegasus Milan

O wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as others see us

It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion.

Can I extend this topic to include the overhead fly screens and blinds.

Because they retract into themselves how do you get at the debris that collects at the far extremities?

Two person job on my Heki from 2005. One to remove the fly screen and bar from the runners by turning the bar, and then to pull the screen out to its maximum across the caravan living space. The second person does any cleaning or removal of debris usually with a vacuum cleaner. Repeat for the blackout screen as well.

John.

We had some mould marks on ours. It was a two person job, one to clean the screen with baby wipes and the other outside supporting the blind and then changeover wiping outside supported inside. All marks were removed.

Kia Sorento KX-2 Auto - Bailey Pegasus GT65 Ancona

One of us holds a chopping board on one side and it is held in place whilst warm soapy water is used to clean the other side. Dry with towel, other side is cleaned in the same way. All has to be done gently.

Two person job on my Heki from 2005. One to remove the fly screen and bar from the runners by turning the bar, and then to pull the screen out to its maximum across the caravan living space. The second person does any cleaning or removal of debris usually with a vacuum cleaner. Repeat for the blackout screen as well.

John.

Thanks for that. Job done.

2017 BMW 520d GT. 2012 Pegasus Milan

O wad some power the giftie gie us, to see oursels as others see us

It wad frae monie a blunder free us, An' foolish notion.

Soak in 'Vanish' and rinse thoroughly . . .

. . . and no rubbing! Brilliant stuff.

Alan

• 6 years later...

For the fly screens use a magic sponge obtainable from supermarkets. Be careful with the blinds not to over wet and dry after cleaning with a hairdryer otherwise the foil backing will come though and leave black marks, mound and mildew can be removed with a cotton bud and mound cleaner you can also clean the blinds with hand sanitizer or baby wipes a magic sponge but do not rub to hard.

On 06/09/2014 at 10:20, trevorrey said:

how about a spray on carpet cleaner, then when dry, vacuum off

I used carpet cleaner but I wiped off with a sponge,worked well for me.