Damp Meters

Jack Spaniel

Have been looking on ebay at Damp Meters, and they come in at between £10 to £30. You can buy them much dearer but don't want to go there.

The great majority are £10 and under. Has anyone bought and tried one and are they any good at detecting damp?

Many of the ads say they are ideal for caravan use.

Ibought a

41JsXO75T9L._SL110_.jpg

Brennenstuhl 1298680 MD Moisture Detector

gentle pressure into wallboard gives a reading

and hardly leaves a mark

Edited by gumdrop

I have the same as Gumdrop and am very pleased with it. It gives the same readings as reported by the service workshop.

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2

You can get them in b+q for a tenner - for what you will use it for, it is good enough. No point spending large amounts on something all singing and dancing for private and occasional/one off use. It it goes to three lights, you have issues, two lights needs investigating and one is normal - none is great!

Get one with pointy probes. Frankly some of the really cheap ones are just not worth bothering with!

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

This one doesn't have pointy probes and so far in my comparisons it appears to closely agree with those that do.

http://www. kingfisheruk. com/item_MS-128_non-invasive_moisture_meter?gclid=CjwKEAjwi6OeBRCCrZqp-qaQhhISJACrfbtAyuUHcaG4IQ2tXLxNdVgaqk1-6Lj-LZ-nRogcK1PJfBoCtdzw_wcB#

Edited by TonyJover

Get one with pointy probes. Frankly some of the really cheap ones are just not worth bothering with!

Surface measurement is a waste of time.

No point without points (pun intended) - you shouldn't be measuring the surface moisture content but the content deep inside the wall board - you can't avoid leaving pinholes so lift a rubber trim strip and measure under there.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

This one doesn't have pointy probes and so far in my comparisons it appears to closely agree with those that do.

http://www. kingfisheruk. com/item_MS-128_non-invasive_moisture_meter?gclid=CjwKEAjwi6OeBRCCrZqp-qaQhhISJACrfbtAyuUHcaG4IQ2tXLxNdVgaqk1-6Lj-LZ-nRogcK1PJfBoCtdzw_wcB#

Great :) HOW MUCH :o That price brings out the Yorkshireman in me :ph34r:

Mahatma Gandhi

Great :) HOW MUCH :o That price brings out the Yorkshireman in me :ph34r:

That's why I ended up with the one I bought, I was informed by a

professional that it was very accurate in its price range

You can get them in b+q for a tenner - for what you will use it for, it is good enough. No point spending large amounts on something all singing and dancing for private and occasional/one off use. It it goes to three lights, you have issues, two lights needs investigating and one is normal - none is great!

Quite agree I still have a 3 led damp tester which until recently I have always found sufficient.

I also have a expensive Protimeter Mini which I only bought to present accurate % readings to my dealer during my damp locker farce.

As mentioned above Aldi had a damp meter on sale Thursday which I noticed appeared to give % readings.

Quite agree I still have a 3 led damp tester which until recently I have always found sufficient.

I also have a expensive Protimeter Mini which I only bought to present accurate % readings to my dealer during my damp locker farce.

As mentioned above Aldi had a damp meter on sale Thursday which I noticed appeared to give % readings.

Happy to buy the Protimeter off you :) I need to see if my sealing job is up to muster :o

Mahatma Gandhi

Aldi have one at the moment forc£12. 99

Poolebob

I bought one last year and its pretty good, I dont know how accurate it is but it gives a good indication when it finds damp.

I've been using it when checking for damp in my daughter's new house.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

I have jhad the aldi one for a few years but cant use it on the walls of my Bailey Orion as they are faced with hard plastic so would need to hammer the pointed probes in to get a reading. The beauty of these meters is that you calibrate to zero with a thumbwheel before taking the reading. I am impressed with it.

2004 Citroen C5 2. 0ltr diesel auto VTR and 2011 Bailey Orion 430/4