Next Phase Of My Plan

Pavb2

Firstly thanks for all the advice given on my previous thread I now know I can live in a caravan long term for £70 per week.

My thinking is to decide the spec of the second hand caravan I want and then try and find one. So my budget is £6k to at a push £10k in order of priority I'm looking for:

4 berth

Fixed bed

End shower

U shaped seating

My car is bmw 320es diesel so should be able to tow 1460kg

Any advice gratefully received

Firstly thanks for all the advice given on my previous thread I now know I can live in a caravan long term for £70 per week.

My thinking is to decide the spec of the second hand caravan I want and then try and find one. So my budget is £6k to at a push £10k in order of priority I'm looking for:

4 berth

Fixed bed

End shower

U shaped seating

My car is bmw 320es diesel so should be able to tow 1460kg

Any advice gratefully received

Bailey senator Wyoming meets the caravan criteria but will be a tad heavy for the Beemer. I think you may struggle to get to fixed bed, rear wash and u shaped seating within the weight range but I may be very wrong on this, I've always favoured twin axles.

At your price point you may find a 4/5 berth with double dinette at each end - they're unfashionable now but very flexible in that you can leave one dinette made up as a double and use the other end as a lounge - you could even get a domestic mattress given your semi-permanent use.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

Our 'van would probably meet your spec' Rear washroom, centre double bed and seating at the front which will make a double bed. Ours is actually the version with a chest of drawers but they're about with the wrap round seating option. Maximum weight 1450Kg, Shipping length 7. 3M. Swift group make these as Sterling Europa550 / Swift Charisma 550 and a variety of alternative others similar. You should get a nice one for the budget

Ern

At your price point you may find a 4/5 berth with double dinette at each end - they're unfashionable now but very flexible in that you can leave one dinette made up as a double and use the other end as a lounge - you could even get a domestic mattress given your semi-permanent use.

we did this with one of our old caravans

Compass Shadow 1988

At your price point you may find a 4/5 berth with double dinette at each end - they're unfashionable now but very flexible in that you can leave one dinette made up as a double and use the other end as a lounge.

As above totally agree, in my opinion one of the most versatile layouts, we had this layout on a 2003 Swift, a bonus when we had guests at home a spare bedroom at side of house.