Best Tyres 2014

dreadly

For anybody interested in rubber. ... :blush:

Auto Express have just announced their 2014 results --> http://www. autoexpress. co. uk/accessories-tyres/88478/tyre-reviews-best-tyres-2014

An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind.

Mahatma Gandhi

For anybody interested in rubber. ... :blush:

Auto Express have just announced their 2014 results --> http://www. autoexpress. co. uk/accessories-tyres/88478/tyre-reviews-best-tyres-2014

:goodpost::goodpost:

The best tyre of the 10 they actually tested, all high speed, low profiles. ....

:goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost: :goodpost:

Willerby Avonmore previous kit VW Splitty Camper,Ford Transit Camper, Commer Highwayman, Sprite Alpine Caravan, Rapids Export Folding Caravan, Fiat Autosleeper Harmony, Ci Granduca Motorhome, McLouis Glen 432 Motorhome, American RV Trail-Lite twin slide outs 8.2ltr petrol/lpg, Lunar Solaris Limited Edition Caravan.

I have on my car the Michelin primacy 3 and I am very pleased with them, and recently fitted Michelin energy savers to the van to replace the Hankooks, again very pleased with them, I have also had the continentals on my Mondeo, I still think the premacys are better. All tests are subjective, if the results were absolute, everyone would get the dunlops and nothing else, the test is a guide, it will not suit everyone.

Land Rover Discovery and Conquerer 630

I have the Goodyears which came second on the Smax.

Can't fault them and when the Rio is due some new shoes I will be replacing the OEM kumhos with them as they are shockingly noisy.

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

I have always fitted Michelin but they do seem to wear very quickly (Energy savers), the Pirelli P6000 on my last company car where frankly dangerous. My new car came with Toyo's as standard and i am very impressed frankly.

Edited by dreadly

Mahatma Gandhi

I have always fitted Michelin but they do seem to wear very quickly (Energy savers), the Pirelli P6000 on my last company car where frankly dangerous. My new car came with Toyo's as standard and i am very impressed frankly.

The old days when Michelins lasted for "ever" AND were good in the wet, have long gone.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

I would second that on pirellis. I had them on my Mini Cooper s and it was like driving on ice when the roads were damp. Could not wait to change them.

VW Touareg 3. 0L V6 262 R Line with a Unicorn IV Segovia trying to keep up!

Had the conti 3s on my last Volvo and they wore quite well. My new Volvo has Pirrelli Scorpions on and they feel fine . Not had this long so will see how they wear. They are made for awd vehicles.

UniRoayl RainSport 3's were fitted to my E class in July - and they will be coming off this week! - the Caravan is all over the road with them! - this doesn't happen with my Winter (Pirelli SottoZero) or the Old Dunlop SP SportMaxx GT

Al.

UniRoayl RainSport 3's were fitted to my E class in July - and they will be coming off this week! - the Caravan is all over the road with them! - this doesn't happen with my Winter (Pirelli SottoZero) or the Old Dunlop SP SportMaxx GT

I have never heard anybody EVER say anything good about Uniroyal tyres. .. Must be something about them?

Mahatma Gandhi

A middle range tyre test not testing any high performance tyres.

Goodyear Eagle F1, Continental Sport Contacts, Michelin Sport 3's etc etc.

The tyres tested are aimed towards the average Golf or Focus but they aren't available in the sizes that many tow cars come in.

I'm in the same opinion as Milkymarsh and have a VW and BMW. Have tried other brands but keep coming back to Continental. Replaced the Conti-Sport 3's on the Passat last year with Goodyear F1 Assy2's. The F1's have outstanding reviews and are cheaper than the Conti's but I've found the ride harsh, lower profile than suggested so the speedo under reads and the fronts have worn unevenly and have vibration even when balanced.

The car's had a full hunter alignment and everything is spot on.

Even though they have 4mm left I've swapped them for some Conti's and everything is fine again.

Lee

Yeti 2.0TDi EU6 150 DSG 4X4 L&K, Octavia TSi Manual, Fabia TSi DSG, Swift Challenger.